NVIDIA Releases Game Ready Driver for Gears 5, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA released its GeForce Game Ready 436.30 WHQL drivers yesterday, which delivers day-one support for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare PC Open Beta, Gears 5, Borderlands 3, The Surge 2, FIFA 20, and Code Vein. It also includes support for six additional G-SYNC Compatible displays.

Some of the issues this driver fixes includes stuttering in Fortnite when Ultra low latency mode was enabled, flickering in World of Warcraft, and flickering with YouTube fullscreen video playback in Firefox with G-SYNC enabled. Check out the release notes for the complete list of resolved issues, as well as open issues.

You can download the new GeForce Game Ready 436.30 WHQL drivers through GeForce Experience, our free, game-enhancing application, which records, streams gameplay, and more.

If you experience any technical issues with the new Game Ready drivers please post a detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you. A list of fixes in this driver for previously-reported issues can be found here.

I've tried 431.60, 436.15, and 436.30, but near the start of Act 1 Chapter 2, the GPU driver always crashes, and the game gives me the GW502 error I been hearing so much about. Subsequent runs I couldn't even get through Chapter 1 before the GW502 showed up. Also had an issue with the game not saving checkpoints during co-op. Otherwise the game looks great and runs well on my system, from what I've been able to see so far. Read online from forums and multiple reviews about how buggy the campaign is, and the server issues, so yeah maybe there's a patch incoming. Was hoping 436.60 would fix GW502, but no luck so far. No problems running the in-game benchmark over and over on any of the 3 drivers I tried though. To make sure it wasn't anything else interfering, I made sure Steam in-game overlay and MSI Afterburner 4.6.1+RivaTuner 7.2.2 were all off or not running. I'm using a friend's copy. I don't buy games at launch, not used to playing them at launch. Seems to continue to be a good rule to follow. Overall though the PC version of Gears 5 seems to be a really good version of the game, nice amount of options and settings, and nice of Microsoft to not lock it down to UWP or Win10.

I redownloaded 436.30, I used DDU to do full driver wipe, I reinstalled 436.30, but the crash was still happening in the same place. Then later I started a new file on a harder difficulty, played through Act 1 Chapter 1 again, and this time the driver wasn't crashing near the beginning of Chapter 2. Got farther in Chapter 2, still no driver crash or GW502 error from the game. So uh that's pretty ****ing random. But hey, no crashing so far, I hope that continues to be the case.

By the way, I finished Gears 5 a couple weeks ago or so, and the game was a buggy crash-happy mess the whole ****ing time.

Become a Patron!
Back