NVIDIA Releases GeForce Game Ready 526.86 WHQL Driver for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has released its GeForce Game Ready 526.86 WHQL driver, offering what the company says is the best gaming experience for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II, offering improved stability and solving image corruption issues, with support for NVIDIA DLSS Super Resolution and NVIDIA Reflex.

See full article...

Good, hope it works. I'm enjoying the game but the lagging ans stuttering make it unplayable. After a lot of trial and error I think I've found that it runs fine as long as you keep textures to Low. Any higher and you get latency spikes up to 150 ms that make the game so choppy you can't play it.

Edit: Nope, it didn't work. Oh well, guess I'll keep on playing with everything set to high except textures.

Last edited:
Good, hope it works. I'm enjoying the game but the lagging ans stuttering make it unplayable. After a lot of trial and error I think I've found that it runs fine as long as you keep textures to Low. Any higher and you get latency spikes up to 150 ms that make the game so choppy you can't play it.

Edit: Nope, it didn't work. Oh well, guess I'll keep on playing with everything set to high except textures.
I'm running the game maxed out at 1440 and it's smooth as butter.

Crashed right out the gate for me, but has seemed to smooth out a little now. This is pretty much how every new driver release acts with this game.

I'm running the game maxed out at 1440 and it's smooth as butter.

Congrats. It's a pain for me and according to search results, a lot of other people as well. Every time I load it up it's got game breaking lag but if I tinker with some settings it fixes it.... Even if it loaded up with the settings from my last session where it was running smooth.

I'm sure it'll get fixed over time and this is just launch day bugs but the fix can't get here soon enough.

Congrats. It's a pain for me and according to search results, a lot of other people as well. Every time I load it up it's got game breaking lag but if I tinker with some settings it fixes it.... Even if it loaded up with the settings from my last session where it was running smooth.

I'm sure it'll get fixed over time and this is just launch day bugs but the fix can't get here soon enough.
Are you overclocking anything? Anything intensive running in the background, like AV? There are some guides for NV control panel settings you can try.

I had to revert to a previous driver to get through the game. Biggest issue I had in the campaign was the buggy AI... if you miss a group in the linear game path, they have a habit of catching up with you when it's pretty inconvenient!

In the last couple years I have started to get a little jaded by the Nvidia drivers, now I don't upgrade unless I specifically have to. Plus having an older card (1080ti) you never know what's going to break by them adding new stuff.

So I point at me from 7-8 years ago that absolutely wanted the bleeding edge nvidia driver and say "Not today"

...now I don't upgrade unless I specifically have to.
Yyeeaahh, I been that way for more than a few years now.

Plus having an older card (1080ti) you never know what's going to break by them adding new stuff.
Yeah I got the same card, and yeah newer drivers usually focus on newer generations of GPUs. The older GPUs don't get improved much with newer drivers, but newer drivers could indeed break sh1t for them.

Are you overclocking anything? Anything intensive running in the background, like AV? There are some guides for NV control panel settings you can try.

No I don't overvlock much anymore so everything is running at stock. Plus every other game I play is running perfectly. I ain't no rookie at PC gaming so I'm willing to bet the farm it's not something I'm doing wrong but rather an issue with the game or driver.

I think I've discovered a fix but didn't get a chance to try it more because I gotta job.... When I started the game up and it's a laggy mess, instead of dropping all the settings like I usually do I suffered thru the game for about a minute and it seemed to fix itself and I didn't have a problem with lag for the next hour I played.

This is my weekend off so I'll get some time with it and will be able to try it out if that's a real fix or not.

No I don't overvlock much anymore so everything is running at stock. Plus every other game I play is running perfectly. I ain't no rookie at PC gaming so I'm willing to bet the farm it's not something I'm doing wrong but rather an issue with the game or driver.

I think I've discovered a fix but didn't get a chance to try it more because I gotta job.... When I started the game up and it's a laggy mess, instead of dropping all the settings like I usually do I suffered thru the game for about a minute and it seemed to fix itself and I didn't have a problem with lag for the next hour I played.

This is my weekend off so I'll get some time with it and will be able to try it out if that's a real fix or not.
It's definitely a game and not a driver issue. All my other games play fine, but COD MW2 is a hot mess.

Also take into consideration if you are running W11 and have 22H2 installed there are frame drop issues

It may be related

Also if you haven't updated, don't :p

Also take into consideration if you are running W11 and have 22H2 installed there are frame drop issues
Tried to install it more than a few times, and it always failed on my desktop (but not on other systems). Looks like MS finally withdrew it for some systems, as it's now listed as 'coming soon'.

It's definitely a game and not a driver issue. All my other games play fine, but COD MW2 is a hot mess.
That was my take.

Become a Patron!
Back