NVIDIA Releases Unreal Engine 4 RTX Technology Showcase Demo

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
nvidia-rtx-technology-showcase-the-attic-settings-1024x576.jpg
Image: NVIDIA

NVIDIA has released a downloadable Unreal Engine 4 RTX Technology Demo that allows developers and other enthusiasts to check out some of the effects that can be enabled via green team’s high-end professional visual computing platform. These include RTX Direct Illumination and RTX Global Illumination, which can dramatically improve the realism and immersion of a scene through realistic lighting, as well as real-time denoisers for improving visual quality when leveraging ray tracing. NVIDIA’s RTX Technology Demo also serves as a showcase for its renowned deep learning super sampling image upscaling technology, DLSS.

Experience the latest NVIDIA RTX technologies available in Unreal Engine 4. Toggle ray tracing on and off between reflections, shadows and translucency to see the impact these features have on the Attic demo and what...

Continue reading...

"Experience the latest NVIDIA RTX technologies available in Unreal Engine 4"

On what?

I'd like to eventually gander at it. See what the fuss is about

Anything new from AMD in the field of RT?

Anything new from AMD in the field of RT?
Gotta ship cards to be able to ship APIs... AMD is falling down on that.

Or rather, they are prioritizing CPUs over GPUs, I suspect, but the end result is the same - sucky availability.

**edit --- OH I FORGOT the Black edition! All 12 of them that ended up on Ebay.

Now I'm curious is this Nvidias proprietary API or is it via dx12s global API?

Because the walled garden is pretty but ultimately it needs to be universally available.

Become a Patron!
Back