NVIDIA Shield TV Pro with Tegra X1+ SoC, Dolby Vision Support Leaked

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA's next Android-TV based digital media player has been outed by Amazon. The NVIDIA Shield TV Pro will feature a 25-percent-better-performing SoC, the Tegra X1+, as well as an improved remote control and support for Dolby Vision HDR.

Lots of stuff, sound the same, and that includes 3GB DRAM, 16GB Flash storage, dual USB 3.0 ports, Ethernet A gigabit jack and HDMI. The casing of the product also seems the same. We're not sure about WIFI6, but the lack of info on that we indicate AC WIFI5, not AX WIFI6.

What a pathetic upgrade all these years out. I'll probably only buy one because I was already going to buy one for the upstairs.

I use mine occasionally. May be cutting the cord here within the year so may put my current one in another room and pick one of these up.

3gb ram and 16 gb storage... Yeah no.
Ah screw this, I was waiting for a more substantial upgrade in all aspects. This is a sad, pretty much abandoned hardware by NV. **** they just can't make a better product and eat up a little less profit... Oh well.

For $200 why not drop just a few more $ and build a nice little HTPC that's upgradable as time goes on. No storage limitations, no format limitations.
I just don't see the point in this thing. Maybe if it were $99 but not at $200.

Maybe I’m missing something. Any reason to use one of these over built in streaming options on a smart TV (Plex, DLNA, etc) or a full console?

I could see it on a TV that has no other connectivity options I guess

For $200 why not drop just a few more $ and build a nice little HTPC that's upgradable as time goes on. No storage limitations, no format limitations.
I just don't see the point in this thing. Maybe if it were $99 but not at $200.
IT was the ease of setup and use. Allowing anyone from a tech head to a knuckle head to use it without having to explain how to do anything.

Still the 3GB of RAM and 16GB storage is a kick to the gut. I might just buy the old model used to stick the finger to Nvidia.

Become a Patron!
Back