Oh the Horror! Popular Android Game Slurps Up Google Credentials and More!

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
Where do you go for your Android Horror needs?

Hopefully not to the popular game Scary Granny.

Apparently this game does not install anything malicious the first day or 2 but after a couple of days starts doing some "Odd" things to your device.

"The application uses a time-release functionality – so malicious behavior is not apparent immediately, perhaps to avoid raising suspicion. In some cases during our testing, the app would function for two days before the malicious activity was initiated. The app also targets victims depending on the operating system version their device is running. In our testing, we discovered that if the game is played on a device with the latest Android OS, it doesn’t exhibit malicious behavior, but on older versions it does." - Wandera

Be careful citizens and keep up the patchin!

Doesn't even sound like a game I would want just based off the title alone.

At some point Google needs to start taking responsibility for the apps they are allowing to be sold in their store.

I recommend a policy where all apps must be submitted in source code, and a full code review is conducted by experienced Google software engineers before it is allowed to go live in the store. Anything fishy or seemingly obfuscated and it goes nowhere.

Google take responsibility? I think that train has left the station. And people bitch about Apple's...well, anything really lol.

Become a Patron!
Back