Other than MS Office and Libre Office, what other Office Suites have you used?

IceDigger

Sort-of-Regular
Other than the popular MS Office and Libre Office/Openoffice, what other Office Suites have you used?

Also did you like them?

I have used the following
Freeoffice / Softmaker Office - my favorite non MS alternative
Wordperfect X Suite - Except for the last itteration I have used the previous couple and thought the MS support was lacking
KOffice - have not used in a while but from what I remember it was descent, nothing sticks out though
Google office - I'm very against anything google :D

alxlwson

Staff member
I've used some GoogleDocs and generally been pleased. However, I stick with MS Office. I get the professional version for $10 through work, hard bargain to deny.
Used OpenOffice back years ago, but I remember it not being nearly as polished as MSO. I do also remember it being lightening fast

I have used Open Office and was not fond of it. I could not for the life of me get it to comply with APA formats when writing research papers in college. That experience caused me to purchase Microsoft Office from the university for $40. When I was in the Navy during the late 1990's, we used Word Perfect products until switching to Microsoft products. I have not had any experience with Word Perfect since.

Niner51

Quasi-regular
I have used Open Office and was not fond of it. I could not for the life of me get it to comply with APA formats when writing research papers in college. That experience caused me to purchase Microsoft Office from the university for $40. When I was in the Navy during the late 1990's, we used Word Perfect products until switching to Microsoft products. I have not had any experience with Word Perfect since.
Open office would make me cringe at times.

northrop

Sort-of-Regular
I've tried OO before, and it just wan't what I wanted to work with long term. Considering I've been starring at Excel (and to a lesser extent, Google Doc) all day at work for years now, I'm so used MS platform, I don't think I could ever switch at this point, even if I wanted to.

Between MS, Adobe, web hosting... I'm on a hook for a lifetime mortgage payment with those companies :rolleyes:

IceDigger

Sort-of-Regular
Try out the Softmaker Office or their free version Freeoffice for a week.

It is surprisingly similar in interface to MS Office and works very well.

Knocks the socks off of libre office, even their free version.

northrop

Sort-of-Regular
Excel sucks in many ways, but at this point in time, there's no incentive for me to try and switch to another office suite.

Dan_D

Administrator
Staff member
I've used Open Office and I hated it.

bbenz3

n00b
I've used most of them but always come back to MS Office. I'm an Excel junkie and prefer Outlook to the rest of the mail apps currently.

Become a Patron!