Over a Million Users Flock to NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Geforce-Now-1024x576.jpg
Image Credit: NVIDIA

NVIDIA’s GeForce NOW only launched a few weeks ago but is quickly making big strides. One such giant step is having over 1,500 games signed up for the streaming service. CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077 was just announced as coming to the steaming service at launch. Adding to an already impressive lineup it will likely help showcase the service’s brand of game streaming technology. The battle for cloud gaming and streaming services is on in 2020 and NVIDIA looks to be asserting itself with their considerable technological resources for it. As if that wasn’t enough they claim over...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk to me after the 90 day period expires twice. Lets see if those million users are still there.

I suspect it will be surprising to us all.

Man I really hope this fails... I don't want streaming gaming to be the next big thing.

Talk to me after the 90 day period expires twice. Lets see if those million users are still there.

I suspect it will be surprising to us all.

Man I really hope this fails... I don't want streaming gaming to be the next big thing.

I don't necessarily hope it fails but I don't want it to become so big that you can't actually buy games anymore either. I'm already seeing some unfortunate trends with 4K disc players and don't want that to happen with games. It seems like everyone, their cousin, and their dog, these days wants to provide a cloud/streaming service so I doubt it will go away. I agree that once the various trial periods end we'll see some different numbers.

edit: unfortunate trends

Last edited:
That's an extremely ignorant and narrow minded comment. If you don't like it don't use it but, unlike Stadia, this is exactly the kind of game streaming service we need. One that is literally just a high quality service using top of the line components for a small monthly fee or top end mid range components for free. A service that uses your existing game library and doesn't tie your games to a single platform.

I hope Stadia fails and this service does extremely well.

I signed up for the free service.
I have to admit , it is pretty slick.
I do not want this stuff to be the only way to game in the future, but having a " portable" service to access your game
library and play seamlessly is very neat.

Become a Patron!
Back