PC Shipments Were Up in Q1 despite Shortages and Logistic Challenges

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
corsair-vengeance-i7200-gaming-pc-setup-blue-lighting-1024x576.jpg
Image: Corsair

A report from International Data Corporation (IDC) shows that the PC market is still doing well despite component shortages and logistics issues. Desktops, notebooks, and workstations have shown a 55.2 percent YoY growth going into Q1 2021. From education to gaming, there have been many sectors driving the increased demand for new computers. The pandemic helped fuel the growth; over 84 million units shipped in Q1 alone, down by 8 percent from Q4 2020. This rate of decline is considered extremely low for a Q1 report and hasn’t been seen since 2012.

“Unfulfilled demand from the past year has...

Continue reading...

Yea no kidding and the new corporate trend with people working from home I hope keeps up. It's a win for workers and a win for the environment. But with Amazon and Facebook going back to in office hours I don't see that happening.

Yea no kidding and the new corporate trend with people working from home I hope keeps up. It's a win for workers and a win for the environment. But with Amazon and Facebook going back to in office hours I don't see that happening.
My company is chomping at the bit to get back in an office but I see no reason for it. We have been working just as hard from home without any gaps in production or service.

I’m ready to stop zoom meetings for everything and get back to in person meetings and business travel...

... but I’m in no hurry to go sit in an office from 9-5 to do day to day work

Become a Patron!
Back