PCI-SIG Issues Warning to Members Following NVIDIA 12VHPWR Lawsuit

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
PCI-SIG has sent out a statement warning members that manufacture, market, or sell products with the new 16-pin 12VHPWR power connector that they should take all appropriate and prudent measures to ensure end user safety:

See full article...

Well-well! It appears that PCI-SIG, and the law, agrees with me. Who knew?! /s 😂

Now, let's bait these so-called "experts" out their shilling corners with FACTUAL ENGINEERED THOROUGH TESTED data next!

tenor.gif

I called it from the beginning on the user error part and not plugging the cable in properly. It's amazing once GN came out with their video pointing out it was the consumer end of it causing the issues that the problems went away. Not sure why PCI-SIG just didn't let this die like everyone else since it's basically an non issue now.

I called it from the beginning on the user error part and not plugging the cable in properly. It's amazing once GN came out with their video pointing out it was the consumer end of it causing the issues that the problems went away. Not sure why PCI-SIG just didn't let this die like everyone else since it's basically an non issue now.
I'd expect that they used GN, which has a favorable (or more so) public presence, to neatly clean up the mess people were making.

The biggest problem was the unknown nature - no way for end users to be reasonably certain that they'd not suffer the same fate, while reviewers / other professionals couldn't replicate the issue.

Well-well! It appears that PCI-SIG, and the law, agrees with me. Who knew?! /s 😂

Now, let's bait these so-called "experts" out their shilling corners with FACTUAL ENGINEERED THOROUGH TESTED data next!

View attachment 2091
Have you ever imagined that trolling might actually not be the answer?

I called it from the beginning on the user error part and not plugging the cable in properly.
This is not false, but I'd still argue that it's a bad design if that many people are having issues with it.

Just like the Ford Pinto... Perfectly safe, so long as you don't let yourself get rear-ended. They only blew up on people who brake checked the sucker behind them, right?

I mean, it boils down to the same thing, just a matter of where you want to point the finger.

I'd expect that they used GN, which has a favorable (or more so) public presence, to neatly clean up the mess people were making.
I agree - nVidia put out a statement, let it go through GN, and as far as they are concerned, it's a done deal. We might see some re-engineered plugs in the future as a result, but it won't be like that is announced with trumpets and fanfare.

This is not false, but I'd still argue that it's a bad design if that many people are having issues with it.
I agree that it's a bad design, and with a lot of new people building PC's that haven't done so in their life mainly due to the pandemic then it needed to be fool proof. Unfortunately in this day and age it's near impossible to make something fool proof because some person will find a way to blow a "defect" out of proportion.

A few vocal people - so it sounds like 'many', but really isn't. Worse, this relative handful of folks have been outed as 'installing it wrong'.

I feel for them, and realize that I could easily have made this mistake too; but it's not the real scandal that it's being made out to be.

I agree that it's a bad design, and with a lot of new people building PC's that haven't done so in their life mainly due to the pandemic then it needed to be fool proof. Unfortunately in this day and age it's near impossible to make something fool proof because some person will find a way to blow a "defect" out of proportion.
that's why these exist
1670177495958.png

Become a Patron!
Back