Performance DDR4-4133MHZ Reviewed

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
How fast is fast? That's debatable but this is getting close to the limits of what you can do on air or without LN2. Over at TechPowerUp they reviewed a pretty fast kit. If you're on the verge of doing a new build or just upgrading it might be worth it to check out because this kit is priced competitively priced.
1566532457761.png
Credit: TechPowerUp

Like many who enjoy seeing high performance items I usually either choke or laugh at anything with "Xtreem" in the title but maybe this one deserves it. There are also some us who like our rigs to not look like the many colors of a regurgitating Christmas tree. I am more focused on what is on the screen more than a rainbow spewing from the case but I do make exceptions around the holidays.

From TPU:
" Team Group is a powerhouse within the high performance memory market. They have a wide variety of designs and consistently deliver a solidly built product. With all the hype and drive towards putting more RGB LEDs in more places, it is good to see that the T-Force brand has not excluded the section of the enthusiast community that adamantly avoids the trend. "

" If you have been frustrated with the proliferation of RGB LEDs into the hardware market, the T-Force Xtreem Gaming DDR4 should be a breath of fresh air. If you want high specced memory without breaking the bank, the T-Force Xtreem Gaming 4133 MHz is an excellent choice. "

Specifications
Manufacturer:Team Group
Model:TXKD416G4133HC18FDC01
Speed Rating:DDR4-4133
Rated Timings:18-18-18-38
Tested Capacity:16 GB (8 GB x2)
Tested Voltage:1.40 V
PCB Type:8 layers
Registered/Unbuffered:Unbuffered
Error Checking:Non-ECC
Form Factor:288-pin DIMM
Warranty:Limited Lifetime
Credit: TechPowerUp

It seems like that the availability of DDR4 kits with speeds approaching at least some of those famous overclockers records are starting to hit the market at affordable prices. So at around $135 for 16GB I would say this is not too shabby although as a result you may find yourself tuning into some xtreme sports or stocking up on energy drinks. Be forewarned.

Thats cheap for a 4133 C18 16GB kit.
About what I paid for my Corsair LPX 3000 C15 kit 4 years ago.

Reactions: _k_
Not sure how I feel about T-Force RAM.
Yeah, not a brand that's normally on my radar. TPU wasn't able to OC it all but did point out that it's nice to see something that actually works at 100% of it's stated potential as well. They also liked how there were no issues with it and their 9900k. I like the minimalist look, lack of RGB's, the price/speed, and that, at least for them, it just worked. They have even faster DDR4 ram listed on their site. We might be seeing more of them throughout the year. It seems like they're making a bit of a push with new lines of products. Guru3d has a favorable review of a 1TB TLC ssd right now as well.

I have had pretty good luck with Team Group RAM and the T-Force line specifically. The price is nice for these as well.

Do we know about Ryzen or Threadripper compatibility because this would be nice for those.

Do we know about Ryzen or Threadripper compatibility because this would be nice for those.

Nope. Compatibility is a bit less of a crap shoot on Ryzen 3000 series processors. You won't necessarily be able to run 4x DIMMs, but it should work. Threadripper is a different animal on that and I wouldn't waste my money on high speed RAM like that. You simply aren't going to be able to clock RAM all that high using four modules on a Threadripper.

Become a Patron!
Back