PlatinumGames Has Responded to Claims Made by Bayonetta Voice Actor

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
PlatinumGames has responded to the claims made by the original Bayonetta voice actor Hellena Taylor who said she was only offered $4,000 to reprise the role.

Go to post

LOL I'm sorry but a session fee with no residuals is a WASTE of time for a voice actor unless they are just starting out. If a voice actor is established and doing any sort of commercial work they are getting paid quite well from that. I think having a solid relationship with your voice actors is important.

As someone who wants to work in that industry I would be elated to make 4k a session and walk away with my name on a project. I'd probably accept much lower as well.

BUT, anyone established is more interested in residuals especially for a game that is going to be around for a long time. I could see them taking a lower session fee with a moderate residuals return.

I kinda see two angles here

The first - that equates to roughly $1,000 / hr for ... talking. That's ... really difficult for me to wrap my head around as being inadequate compensation.

But

The second - I get it - talent deserves to get paid what they are worth, and for those that are serious and make it their sole career you need to pull in a lot of cash because the work comes in spurts. And that's why talent hires agents - those folks sole reason for existence is to get a better deal - with the concept being the agent gets a cut and that it nets higher for all involved. If she was trying to negotiate on her own behalf - well... you can do that, but you aren't going to get a lot of leverage.

I have no idea what is considered "fair" for voice acting - it's not exactly a new industry but it is pretty niche.

Become a Patron!
Back