PlayStation VR2 Launches on February 22 for $549.99, including Horizon Call of the Mountain Bundle for $599.99

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
PlayStation has announced that the PS VR2, its next-generation VR headset, will be available for purchase beginning February 22, 2023, for $549.99.

See full article...

Or will it?

What's funny.... I had signed up at half a dozen places for PS5 notification / pre-order / etc.

Never heard from any of them. Yet - it seems to be in stock and available for non-scalper prices right now. No idea when that happened, but I think it's a bit too late. Now I may as well wait for the Slim or Pro.

Yet - it seems to be in stock and available for non-scalper prices right now.
Oh huh, interesting. PS5 has been out 2 years now, maybe by now a lot of the people who wanted one already got one, and maybe supply is also improving.

Now I may as well wait for the Slim or Pro.
PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro came about around 3 years after the original version of the console launched. So yeah, at this point you're better off just waiting for the next PS5 revision.

Or will it?

What's funny.... I had signed up at half a dozen places for PS5 notification / pre-order / etc.

Never heard from any of them. Yet - it seems to be in stock and available for non-scalper prices right now. No idea when that happened, but I think it's a bit too late. Now I may as well wait for the Slim or Pro.

Yar, I got a notification on my Amazon queue for a PS5 last week - good timing as GoW Ragnarok comes out in a week.

Now I may as well wait for the Slim or Pro.
There is already a revision out now, but it's mostly a lighter version of the original, supposedly a PS5 with detachable optical drive will launch next year.

That VR headset is pretty expensive, I would realy like to try VR but due to my bad eyesight I'd rather try something not too expensive in case it does not "work" for me.

Become a Patron!
Back