Radeon RX 7000 Series Won’t Feature 16-Pin 12VHPWR Power Connector, AMD Confirms

These cards are shaping up to be very interesting. I still doubt they will beat the 4090, but personally I regard the 4090 a marketing product. I do think its a smart move to have such halo product, but honestly... Its huge, hot, power hungry, and very expensive... Yes it will sell, sure, in its limited numbers, but the most important thing, is that it becomes the thing to aspire to, which is why I regard this as a marketing product. I think AMD should attempt the same to be honest, very limited run of a Radeon 32gb or more memory, massive cache, massive chip, massive size, massive power in a who cares fashion, call it the gonads edition.

Considering most people still game at 1080P with a massive uptick in 1440P adoption there is literally zero reason for any of those people to buy a 4090.

For AMD, I'd be happy if their 7900 XT comes in a hair over 3090 Ti performance at around or just under the price of a 3090 Ti. And the 7950 XT to be, say, 20 % faster at around $1300. They'd sell, because you know Nvidia is all about ludicrous pricing these days and I expect the 4080 to be $1600+

Yea it seems the tech youtubers are in two camps around the 4090 power issues.

1. See we told you it was a fire hazard!!!!

2. It's because the users didn't follow proper use instructions.

WE are in DIY. Who REALLY follows use instructions?

Become a Patron!
Back