Razer Announces Its First Tempered Glass Gaming Mouse Mat: “Pure Polished Precision”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Is glass really more comfortable to play on than cloth? Razer fans may be asking themselves that question today with the launch of the Razer Atlas, Razer's first-ever glass gaming mouse mat. Offering what the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers says is unbeatable durability and ultra-fast, consistent swipes, the Atlas is crafted with tempered glass, with surface micro-etching and unique manufacturing treatments. Razer has confirmed that its Atlas tempered glass gaming mouse mat is available now at Razer.com, RazerStore locations, and select retailers for £99.99 GBP / $99.99 USD / 119.99€ MSRP.

See full article...

What else do you expect from Razer? They usually try to do over the top hardware.

As someone with a glass top desk.....no.....glass is not better than cloth or a hard mouse surface.

As someone with a glass top desk.....no.....glass is not better than cloth or a hard mouse surface.
Glass shouldn't wear like cloth and other hard surfaces do. I've worn out just about every kind of mouse surface there is.

Glass shouldn't wear like cloth and other hard surfaces do. I've worn out just about every kind of mouse surface there is.
How often in a frustrating gaming session do you slam your hand down on that nice soft mousepad in rage. I've done it a few times... I shudder to imagine what will become of my hand when slamming it on a piece of tempered glass...

Had my RatPad XT for like 10 years. It wasn't worn out, but it wouldn't stop warping. And it absolutely CHEWED up mouse skates.

I now use a Logitech G440 hard surface pad and hyperglide skates on my G502. I don't see this pad wearing out ever.

Still using a RatPadz XT and fUnc Archetype 1030 here (I had a RatPadz GS but lost it long ago, but my brother still uses his). I have a spare replacement surface for the 1030 (actually had two but gave one to a friend for his berfday), but I'm still on the original surface (I use the smooth side for gaming and the rough side for most other stuff, so switching between the two surfaces helps both last longer). I've never experienced better mouse tracking than on the RatPadz.

I'd like to try this Razer pad, but definitely not for this price, or anything close to that price.

Had my RatPad XT for like 10 years. It wasn't worn out, but it wouldn't stop warping. And it absolutely CHEWED up mouse skates.

I now use a Logitech G440 hard surface pad and hyperglide skates on my G502. I don't see this pad wearing out ever.
Ya my RatPadz started warping too.... I screwed some motherboard standoffs into it and now it is my motherboard test bench, LOL

This glass thing.... just WTF. No.

Become a Patron!
Back