Redfall Player Count Plummets to under Two Hundred on Steam after Only Two Weeks of Release

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The town of Redfall currently has fewer players than shopping centers in most major cities around the world. According to SteamDB the Redfall player count has steadily been plummetting since its May 2 release and is now under two hundred. Redfall peaked at 6,124 players at release and at the time of this writing sits at 172 players with a 24-hour peak of 376. Reddit user u/OneYearSteakDay noted an even lower Redfall player count of 152 as of yesterday and news for the $69.99 game only gets worse in reading reviews on Steam.

Redfall currently holds a "mostly negative" review ranking on Steam with 871 positive reviews but then 2,120 negative reviews which means just over seventy percent of its reviews are currently negative. A fair number of the thumbs-down reviews do attempt to give the game some credit for its visuals and potential for improvements while most seem to agree that the game feels unfinished, empty, and in need of updates to fix various issues. One user even joked that although they got the game for free they still felt a refund was in order just as another attempted to defend it as not being a bad or terrible game but indeed an aggressively mediocre title.

See full article...

Wasn't this one of the big Day 1 XBGP draws?

Ouch.

It's interesting looking up the reviews:

1684333105343.png

Initial reviews for the game were not good for the most part. From what I can tell the game is plagued with technical issues and its not a good game at its core.

Wasn't this one of the big Day 1 XBGP draws?

Ouch.

It's interesting looking up the reviews:

View attachment 2492
Yeah, it's interesting how the reviews can differ. There's a few gaminng specific sites that I often check on and I have noticed they tend to be more upbeat with nearly everything despite when just about everywhere else will identify issues. I tried to be nice, but truthful, about it in the article but man, there's some angry people in the Steam threads. The one that cracked me up the most was the one who said that even though they got the game for free they still they should get a refund. Reminds me of 'that's time you won't get back' expression in regard to movies and shows. They were not angry but that still had me laughing.

Become a Patron!
Back