Report: Assassin’s Creed Codename RED Will Have a Major Focus on Stealth, Featuring Female Samurai and African Ninja As Playable Assassins

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Which is cooler, a samurai or ninja? That's a question that Ubisoft Québec seemingly couldn't make up its mind about, as the latest rumors for the studio's new Assassin's Creed game set in the long-requested location of Japan, Assassin's Creed Codename RED, suggest that players will be able to play as either, similar to Assassin's Creed Origins, which also featured two unique characters in the form of Kassandra and her brother, Alexios. Assassin's Creed Codename RED will also supposedly have a huge focus on stealth gameplay, and while Ubisoft never did elaborate on who was being shown in the teaser trailer from the Assassin's Creed: 2022 Showcase, sources claim that it's the game's samurai, who is a female.

See full article...

Ok Female Samurai I get... African Ninja? Are they going to practice African sourced martial arts? If so SIGN ME UP because that would be so badass. But if it's just a black character doing all the same **** wearing a black ninja outfit... who cares? I mean at that point why bother? It's not culturally correct anyway.

I suppose it will be a case of reserve judgement. I've enjoyed all of the AC games so far.

Just don't go full hitman... keep the game FUN and stealthy. Don't try to make it more about stealth than fun. It's still supposed to be a game first.

At least that's how I would elect to enjoy it.

It's not culturally correct anyway.
Who says it needs to be in a FICTIONAL game? All it needs to have is BELIEVABLE / REALISTIC gameplay, combat, DEV ORIGINAL ~ INTERESTING ~ STORY, stealth, NO FORCED AGENDA, etc.

I can see how any culture could be written in as a ninja IF done right.

Who says it needs to be in a FICTIONAL game? All it needs to have is BELIEVABLE / REALISTIC gameplay, combat, DEV ORIGINAL ~ INTERESTING ~ STORY, stealth, NO FORCED AGENDA, etc.

I can see how any culture could be written in as a ninja IF done right.

I'll give you that but I'd still love to see some regional martial art forms. You can story tell American Ninja as much as you want.

Become a Patron!
Back