Report: Metro Exodus Sequel Is Already Fully Playable, Opening Sequence Teased

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
There's a chance that 4A Games may be announcing its next game in the Metro series relatively soon. According to sources with Insider Gaming, the developer is working on what sounds like a direct sequel to Metro Exodus, and not only that, the game is already fully playable, implying that it's well past the concept phase and is on its way to becoming a shippable product. 4A confirmed that it was working on a new Metro game in November 2020, and while it declined to share any story details at the time, the game reportedly starts off with a dream sequence, ushering in a new adventure that will feature the gameplay that the franchise is known for.

See full article...

Whoohoo! I'm already about halfway through another play-through of Exodus Enhanced with the new rigs right now. BTW a 4090 is the 1st card I've seen that can render Last Light at MSAAx4/4K at 60fps too. I'm thinking of doing another play-through of that next just to see how its best setting really is.

I saw a rumor that the next Metro game might require ray-tracing hardware (as MEEE does), but I can't recall where I saw that.

I saw a rumor that the next Metro game might require ray-tracing hardware (as MEEE does), but I can't recall where I saw that.
I hadn't read that but I believe it. It would be odd that they wouldn't provide an option for those who don't want RT though. I'm more worried about them using UE and hoping they deal with stutter/shader compilation properly.

Become a Patron!
Back