Report: NVIDIA Halts Supply of Chips Ahead of GeForce RTX 4060 Ti’s May/June Launch as AMD Preps Radeon RX 7600 for Computex Reveal

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA has decided to stop supplying chips to its board partners for a few weeks because of complaints of there being too many graphics cards in both the channel and factories right now, according to a new report from Igor Wallossek that suggests some of the latest GeForce GPUs aren't selling as well as some might have hoped. The GeForce RTX 4070 ($599) and GeForce RTX 4080 ($1,199) are reportedly impacted, and while Wallossek claims that the latter has "lost its buyer base," NVIDIA's next Ada Lovelace graphics card, the GeForce RTX 4060 Ti, is said to release at the end of May or early June, although pricing remains unknown. Wallossek also confirmed in his report that select AMD partners will reveal the Radoen RX 7600 at Computex, which will be held at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center from May 30 to June 2.

See full article...

Anyone else expecting the 4080 to drop to 1k then not a quarter later see a 4080ti to come out for 1300?

Well, I guess the market is turning back to being price sensitive. Reverting to the norm I suppose. Top end cards to me should be priced at top end console prices, not 2x, 3x and 4x console, and beat said console more and more each year.

I wonder how long NVidia's and AMD's margins can stand this. Most people are not made of money and the performance per dollar gains have been going down pretty rapidly. When cards are reasonable and performance gains are good people will buy gen after gen, but now we have the opposite prices are not reasonable and performance gains are poor. Most people will just keep what they have once that balance is crossed.
I used to buy gen on gen but it just doesnt make sense anymore. Heck at the perf per dollar gains we have now I can wait 3-4 gens before it feels reasonable.

Last edited:
Anyone else expecting the 4080 to drop to 1k then not a quarter later see a 4080ti to come out for 1300?
Don't know about that (4080 Ti) but at one point there were rumors about a 4090 Ti.

Edit: So maybe a price drop on both the 4080/4090 and then the 4090 Ti comes out at the previous 4090 price.

Become a Patron!
Back