Resident Evil Village AMD FidelityFX Performance IQ Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
banner.png

Introduction

Resident Evil Village is a new game that was just released on May 7th.  This game is developed and published by Capcom.  This is a single-player game that also has multiplayer, and is in the survival horror genre that is part of the Resident Evil games franchise.  This is considered a major installment, as in a major release, of the series, it is the eighth major installment.  It is the narrative sequel to Resident Evil 7: Biohazard which was released in 2017.  The game is very action-oriented while still maintaining the survival horror style.  It is out on Windows, PlayStation 4 and 5, and XBOX ONE and X/S.  The game uses the RE Engine.

Thanks to AMD and Capcom we had early access to this game before launch, and have been working on collecting performance and screenshots for this review. ...

Continue reading...

I must be getting spoiled by ray tracing already because I embarrassingly had a hard time determining what ray tracing was doing in the game. Thanks for the excellent review, as always.

Global Illumination can be hard to notice sometimes, but it really is the most "game changing" ray traced feature. Potential, anyway. I'm not sure this game is the best example.

Excellent article and coverage for this game settings and effects combined with performance hits. Don't know how I missed this when reviewed. Does show RT can be very usable even at 4K if done right.

Wonder if FSR will be included in an update?

Hope you cover FSR like you did here, that is if there is a game that uses it well.

We know Godfall is gonna use it, heh

It might be the best game right now, for looking at FSR, until others come out that are worth it. Far Cry 6 will have it, otherwise, there aren't any Tripple A titles that I know of that are going to support it yet. The game list for supporting it, is not impressive.

Become a Patron!
Back