Retailers solved the scalper problem where I live!

Is this actual retail pricing or some third party selling through ebay/amazon?

Is this actual retail pricing or some third party selling through ebay/amazon?
That's actual retail pricing, no third party involved. Now I'm not sure if it's the importer or the actual retailers that have gone crazy. But I suspect the importer as here 99% of the stores work through the same channels.

PS: we are too small fries for amazon/ebay, so there is no localized version of those.

Well even in the States a lot of places are just packing them with a lot of crap in Bundles... so they can say the console is still MSRP but you have to buy a bunch of other junk you wouldn’t otherwise touch (all marked up to its full MSRP) to get it.

Well even in the States a lot of places are just packing them with a lot of crap in Bundles... so they can say the console is still MSRP but you have to buy a bunch of other junk you wouldn’t otherwise touch (all marked up to its full MSRP) to get it.
Back after the release I've seen a few outlets only offering them in fully built systems, not separately. But that's still better than just marking up the price by almost 100%

And then we're screwed as end-users when rich idiots actually BUY OUT all the stock...
Well eventually we'll run out of rich idiots. This pricing is steep even for some of them. That $2500 is five months worth of minimal wage for skilled labor here.

Well eventually we'll run out of rich idiots. This pricing is steep even for some of them. That $2500 is five months worth of minimal wage for skilled labor here.

Even in the US it’s about three months on minimum wage

Probably more obssessed gamers going deeper in to credit card debt than "Rich Idiots".

And even more likely, just single nerds with well paying tech jobs and nothing else to spend the money on.

Even in the US it’s about three months on minimum wage
That right there is part of the reason for the scalping, like camping daily at microcenter. If you can make 2-3 weeks worth of minimum wage by camping at microcenter and flipping a 3080, well, why wouldn’t you?

Become a Patron!
Back