Rockstar Games Blames "NVIDIA GPUs, Certain CPUs" for Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Issues

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The PC port of Red Dead Redemption II is in much better shape after patch 1.14, but unfortunately, a complete fix for the issues that remain (e.g., crashing and stuttering) will take additional time. That's because the root of the problem, according to Rockstar Games, lies with third parties: specifically, "NVIDIA graphics drivers, NVIDIA GPU cards, and certain CPUs." The game did receive an update yesterday, but it was for new content only.

We will be rolling out an update to the game today which will address the stuttering issue alongside a host of other fixes. However, we are still currently working together with Nvidia to completely resolve the stuttering issue in a future update, and it may take us up to a few days to properly test everything and ensure the next update completely solves the problem.

They shouldn’t have released it until that had sorted out the crashing. If as they say it is Nvidia drivers at fault then maybe they should have worked harder with them as they do have some 80 odd percent of the dedicated GPU market.

Reactions: _k_
Another bad port, and to blame it on certain hardware is laughable.

On two rigs it's run fine, both in my signature. On my oddball laptop it installed and initially ran fine but as soon as a I plugged in a display it went south and I had to jump through all the hoops they mention about crashing from the launcher. Eventually got it working again but a total PIA in that moment.

Become a Patron!
Back