Samuel L. Jackson Is Coming to Alexa as Its First Celebrity Voice

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
"The weather is sunny, motherf*cker!" During yesterday's Alexa event, Amazon revealed that Hollywood legend Samuel L. Jackson has lent his iconic voice to its hugely popular voice assistant, which now powers everything from speakers to microwaves.

The celebrity voice will be available for purchase later this year for Alexa device owners who want Jules Winnfield to give them the weather, play some music, wake them up in the morning, sing happy birthday, and more. A toggle between clean and explicit content will be available.

Just ask and Sam will give you the weather, play your favorite music, tell jokes, and more. To get started, just say, “Alexa, introduce me to Samuel L. Jackson.” Then, choose whether you’d like Sam to use explicit language or not. If you change your mind later, simply go to the settings menu of the Alexa app to toggle between clean and explicit content.

You mean: "And now, it gets awesome."
I'm saddened how easy it is to drag people into disposing of their privacy for small enjoyment/convenience.
S. Jackson should be ashamed.
This isnt trivial.

Last edited:
I'm saddened how easy it is to drag people into disposing of their privacy for small enjoyment/convenience.
S. Jackson should be ashamed.
This isnt trivial.

The ship sailed on privacy a long time ago.

I got Alexa listening to everything I do .. and turning on lights for me .. controlling my thermostat .. video chats .. waking me up in the morning .. putting me to bed at night .. and even controlling my XBox .. 😢

Become a Patron!
Back