Scalpers Returned With the Launch of GeForce RTX 4090 Graphics Cards

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Scalpers returned on the launch day of the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 to snatch up the latest graphics card and wasted no time in putting them up for sale. From Founders Edition...

Go to post

My theory....and it's just a guess.....there is always limited initial inventory, either just because or on purpose, to heighten the hype. Small amount that always sells out in seconds.
The major retailers don't care about bots, even though they say they do. A sale is a sale.
So, bam....mining or not, you have all the cards in the hands of a few who then sell them on ebay.
These folks are ruthless. I'd say for the next month, because there is only the 4090, a normal customer doesn't stand a chance unless they can go to a Microcenter in person.
After the 4080 comes out, maybe the 4090, because of price, will settle down.
But then the "cheaper" 4080 will be impossible to get for the same reason.

Things will open back up after Christmas, but until then....good luck. I hope you don't pay these stupid scalper prices.

I suspect that they are betting on limited capacity. Where as this is not a Nike shoe or something like that. Nvidia will produce as long as there is demand and this is the current model and they are selling.

With a lot of products there are limited runs of the items that will build value. These should not be like that. Short of continued supply chain constraints the availability should level off. I personally hope to see stock on shelves as stated after Christmas. (they will have a spike in demand again around tax return season.).

Become a Patron!
Back