Skyworth Launches 48-Inch 4K OLED HDMI 2.1 Monitor with 120 Hz Refresh Rate and Dolby Vision HDR Support

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
skyworth-g90-oled-monitor-vr-guy-1024x576.jpg
Image: Skyworth

Chinese manufacturer Skyworth has released one of the industry’s first gaming monitors with a large OLED display, the Skyworth G90. Leveraging a 48-inch OLED panel that comprises 80 million self-luminating pixels, the Skyworth G90 supports refresh rates of up to 120 Hz, VRR, and a 1-millisecond gray-to-gray (GtG) response time. Skyworth’s G90 OLED monitor also includes support for both Dolby Vision and HDR10, although its peak brightness level is said to be limited to 900 nits. HDMI connectivity options include two HDMI 2.1 ports and one HDMI 2.0 port...

Continue reading...

Looks to be another LG panel - this one does support HDR (as opposed to the Gigabyte one), and looks to have a slightly higher peak brightness than the CX/C1...

I agree. This has some serious potential. Real questions are price and availability. A lot of these companies we never heard of take years before, or if, they make it over the pond. I'm also curious what panel they pulled these tricks of with. Seems somewhat similar to an LG variant. I don't mind the 900 nits since all the other boxes are checked.

Just googled them. Been around since 1988.

I don't mind the 900 nits since all the other boxes are checked.
900 nits is pretty bright for an OLED. The previous generation LG panels were only about 750 peak brightness. The new G1 Evo panel is a bit brighter, at 870.

So I think that 900 is either the Chinese version of "900" (and this is what I suspect - it's probably the same 750 the other LG panels are running... except the curiously dim Gigabyte), or they overdrive the panel and it's going to burn in a hot death.

Compared to the QLED stuff that's got screaming brightness, it sounds lackluster, but remember OLED has infinite black level, so it still pops really well -- so long as you aren't in a brightly lit room.

Compared to the QLED stuff that's got screaming brightness, it sounds lackluster, but remember OLED has infinite black level, so it still pops really well -- so long as you aren't in a brightly lit room.
Yeah, I've got LG C9 and Samsung CRG9 more or less side by side in our living room. The C9's nits are in the 750-850 as you mentioned(according to rtings) and of course the CRG9 is around 950-1000. Definitely brighter but on those occasions when I switch over to the C9 those infinite blacks are amazing for games like RE or ones with good HDR implementation. I'm constantly torn between the two. The C9 IQ is hard to describe but meanwhile, the real estate of 32:9(and I try to play things with native support as much as possible) is breathtaking in its own right. I've also got a Sony Z9D in the cave and its brightness is 1000-1100 nits. It isn't OLED but still pretty amazing. However, during bright scenes, I feel like I should put sunblock on. :)

Become a Patron!
Back