Solo 2 is Not Happening, For Now, as Ron Howard Says in an Interview That “I Don’t Think It’s a Lucasfilm Priority”

The sequel to the biggest flop* of star wars history is not happening? You don't say! Thank you, captain obvious.

*Movie flop that is, because TV is another story entirely. After the measured success of the Mandalorian, they managed to make two shows so atrociously bad, that now almost nobody watches their current show Andor. Which might not be as bad, except the brand is so damaged, that being labelled as Star Wars on tv does more to keep viewers away than reel them in. I'd sooner watch an off brand startup sci-fi show, than anything with ties to Lucasfilm and SW. (same for Star Trek)

Last edited:
1. You're missing a good series. Andor is a lot of fun to watch IF you enjoy crime movies that don't spell every little thing out. It comes across more like Ronin or Heat set in a Star Wars universe than it does a star wars simple schlock. So don't go there.

2. Solo was a fun movie for what it was. Yea a few things didn't make sense but over all it was enjoyable. At least in my circle of friends.

I would see a Solo 2 most likely. Not sure if I would wait for streaming or not. Depends on my situation when it came out.

It is sad that SOLO didn't do well. That happens. I bet if you went back and watched Willow you would think that was trash, or Never ending Story.

The sequel to the biggest flop* of star wars history is not happening? You don't say! Thank you, captain obvious.

*Movie flop that is, because TV is another story entirely. After the measured success of the Mandalorian, they managed to make two shows so atrociously bad, that now almost nobody watches their current show Andor. Which might not be as bad, except the brand is so damaged, that being labelled as Star Wars on tv does more to keep viewers away than reel them in. I'd sooner watch an off brand startup sci-fi show, than anything with ties to Lucasfilm and SW. (same for Star Trek)
I'm pretty sure Andor was a big success from what I've read. Solo wasn't a bad movie either, but not sure a sequel is needed or wanted at this time as they mentioned. Can't wait for season two of the Bad Batch to start.

I didn't hate Solo but wasn't enthralled by it either. A number of people I know gave it some praise so I bought the 4K disc, especially since you really need a DV/OLED setup to set past all those dark scenes. I think the cast is ok but ultimately the story just didn't feel epic enough. It was more like a two-part tv episode. I think I've watched it maybe 2-3 times all the way through since release but meanwhile, I've probably watched Rogue One about a half dozen times.

I've heard great things about Andor but haven't made it past the 1st episode yet but that's pretty common for me these days with new shows. I'll start watching a new show to get a feel for it and then come back when I'm ready. I probably have about a half dozen or more like that now.

Can't wait for S2 of the Bad Batch either!

I'm pretty sure Andor was a big success from what I've read. Solo wasn't a bad movie either, but not sure a sequel is needed or wanted at this time as they mentioned. Can't wait for season two of the Bad Batch to start.
I never read anything like that, outside of disney PR bullshit trying to paint it as a success, much like paramount tried to paint discovery as a success when that launched.

Anyway outside of being stupidly boring the only things I heard about andor is that it is not as bad as obi wan and boba fett, and that it doesn't feel like star wars. Not exactly praising recommendation.

There was even an article with the showrunner coping and seething not understanding how is it that they got all the critics praise, but are chasing the audience. Perhaps he didn't get the memo that the critics have been fully out of touch with the audience for years.

Last edited:
It is sad that SOLO didn't do well.

Yes, I can't imagine why after they tarnish the legacy of Han Solo in Force Awakens and kill him off. I was just so excited to see what the Young Han Solo movie would be like after that.

Yes, I can't imagine why after they tarnish the legacy of Han Solo in Force Awakens and kill him off. I was just so excited to see what the Young Han Solo movie would be like after that.
I think the Last Jedi has done more than that for Solo's "success"
I admit it, if I had not seen The Last Jedi before Solo I'd probably have watched Solo, but after it, I lost my appetite.

Last edited:
I think the Last Jedi has done more than that for Solo's "success"
I admit it, if I had not seen The Last Jedi before Solo I'd probably have watched Solo, but after it, I lost my appetite.
This is exactly what my wife says, who is (was) the biggest SW fan I’ve ever met: Star Wars died when Solo died.

This is exactly what my wife says, who is (was) the biggest SW fan I’ve ever met: Star Wars died when Solo died.
I agree killing solo like that was a mistake. Have the character burned and then get a different star if there isn't enough money to motivate Harrison Ford.

Solo sucked, I fell asleep. Also with rogue one twice!. No I don't fall asleep except if real bad. What little I remember is action didn't feel like action, and im out like a baby. I did finished tfa ( horrible movie) and tlj I watched drunk, which I recommend, becuase that movie is comedy gold.

I feel that if they'd kept it as a heist movie instead of cramming all of the other world-building stuff it could've been a lot better. Start off with some character intros, move into the heist stuff, and end with a couple of teasers, and it probably would've made more sense.

Become a Patron!
Back