Sonic Frontiers: First Gameplay Footage for Open-World Sonic Game Revealed

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sega has shared the first gameplay footage for Sonic Frontiers, a new Sonic game that will attempt to reinvent the iconic franchise by letting the blue bomber run wild in a completely open world (or, as Sega prefers to describe it, "open zone").

Go to post

In terms of 3D Sonic games, I still haven't played Sonic Forces or Sonic Lost World (and don't even mention Sonic 2006, that pile of dung does not exist). I did enjoy the X360/PS3 version of Sonic Unleashed (just the daytime stages), Sonic Colors wasn't bad, and Sonic Generations was okay. I also forgot about Sonic Boom. Not gonna bother with that. Well, I hope this new Sonic Frontiers game is at least decent. Open-world Sonic is kind of what we expected with the first Sonic Adventure (well, some of us).

EDIT: Also 3D Sonic games are usually rife with bugs and glitches. It's actually one of the hallmarks of a 3D Sonic game. If this new game isn't the same way, then can it even be called a true 3D Sonic game?

EDIT: Also 3D Sonic games are usually rife with bugs and glitches. It's actually one of the hallmarks of a 3D Sonic game. If this new game isn't the same way, then can it even be called a true 3D Sonic game?
If you try to fail, but succeed ... did you?

Become a Patron!
Back