Sony Is Shutting Down the PlayStation Community Forums at the End of February

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
playstation-blue-swirl-1024x576.jpg
Image: Sony

It’s the end of the line for the PlayStation Community forum.

In a message posted last week, community manager Groovy_Matthew revealed that Sony had decided to close its long-standing gaming forum on February 27th. No specific reason was given for the shuttering, but users are invited to “continue the conversation via PlayStation.Blog, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.”

ps-forum-closure-announcement.jpg

The PlayStation Community forum has been around since the PS2 days, so this is certainly the end of an era. PlayStation fans have been able to use the forum as a gathering place to discuss their favorite titles with like-minded...

Continue reading...

Not surprised they need to gear up for the next playstation so revamping the forums makes sense. Lets hope that is the goal just not turning off a spigot of great feedback from fans of their systems.

I've never owned a PlayStation, so I have never used their forums, but in the grand scheme of things I think it is very sad that Social Media is harming forums.

Forums are an INFINITELY better way to discuss a topic.

Is there even really any discussion on the other platforms? You get a heavily curated message from the owner, and the ability to like or repost the original message... nothing two-way.

I can see why it’s popular with the big corps, it certainly eliminates a lot of avenues of liability.

Reddit really is becoming the only voice ...

Is there even really any discussion on the other platforms? You get a heavily curated message from the owner, and the ability to like or repost the original message... nothing two-way.

I can see why it’s popular with the big corps, it certainly eliminates a lot of avenues of liability.

Reddit really is becoming the only voice ...

I can't stand reddits interface. it is horrid.

The upvote/downvote system results in horrible disjointed conversations that are impossible to follow unless you are involved with them constantly from the beginning to the end.

I can't stand reddits interface. it is horrid.

The upvote/downvote system results in horrible disjointed conversations that are impossible to follow unless you are involved with them constantly from the beginning to the end.
Same, I try, but Reddit is usually just painful.

Become a Patron!
Back