Star Trek: Discovery’s Fifth Season (2024) Will Be Its Last

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The fun appears to be over for Captain Burnham and her crew on the USS Discovery. Paramount+ has announced that Star Trek: Discovery, its longest-running original drama series (and semi-prequel to the original Star Trek series from the '60s), will end with its fifth season, set to debut in early 2024. Showrunners Alex Kurtzman and Michelle Paradise confirmed the news in a letter addressed to fans on the official Star Trek site today, thanking them for their support and pointing out that the show has had a good run, having lasted 65 episodes since its premiere back in 2017—a time when Paramount+ was still known as CBS All Access. Star Trek: Picard is also on its last legs, currently in its third and final season.

See full article...

I only watched 1 episode of this, and I regret even that 45 minutes. My thoughts and prayers to those who spend 5 seasons worth of time on this drivel whether behind the camera or in front of the screen.

I only watched 1 episode of this, and I regret even that 45 minutes. My thoughts and prayers to those who spend 5 seasons worth of time on this drivel whether behind the camera or in front of the screen.
I couldn't do it. I've put myself through awful shows out of curiosity. I made it through the first two seasons of Discovery and that's all I could manage. That was a chore.

Jeez. It wasn't THAT bad. Id rather enjoyed it.

I've watched all four seasons so far. It's almost like an endurance-torture test for me. Every now and then I can scrape something out from it I like but for the majority keeps us both cringing. I'm not sure if we'll make it through this last season. I don't mind the actors and do like the effects and designs but the stories and agendas just get to us both after a bit. Either way, I'm glad it's over and now the rumor is that Section 31 will be the next thing going into production.

Star Trek: Wokovery

Stopped watching after season one.

Well I kind of felt bad after I stopped watching mid season 2. Seems I did the right thing.

Haven't watched strange new worlds either. Is it good?

Haven't watched strange new worlds either. Is it good?
It's got moments. I'm not saying great but we've been able to re-watch the whole first season which is something I can't say for either Picard or STD.

Become a Patron!
Back