Star Trek: The Motion Picture – The Director’s Edition Release Dates Announced

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Paramount has announced the release dates for the streaming and physical versions of Star Trek: The Motion Picture – The Director’s Edition. Paramount+ will begin streaming the film in 4K on April 5 (First Contact Day), the day in Star Trek lore when Vulcans made first contact with Earth. The 4K disc, which will also include new exclusive bonus material, will be available for purchase in September.

Go to post

Sounds like a good time to catch up on the new Season of Picard that isn't worth paying for on it's own...

I have trek fan friends that will positively goo themselves over this. I never did dive into the world of trek.

Sounds like a good time to catch up on the new Season of Picard that isn't worth paying for on it's own...
It's . . .o.k. I am one of the few who will watch just about anything Trek just to see what they do with it. I'm liking it more than last season and nostalgia is a big part of that.

I'm looking forward to this remaster but more so I can't wait for ST II and ST VI director's editions to be done and released. I have ST II in 4K/HDR on Amazon but then you've got the normal streaming compression blues plus only basic 5.1. ST VI directors edition never made it beyond the DVD era so that will be a huge upgrade when it happens.

I have trek fan friends that will positively goo themselves over this. I never did dive into the world of trek.

Guilty. Star Trek was my first introduction to sci-fi. I don't love it like I do Star Wars but I still love it.... Well parts of it. The original series and the Next Generation. I don't care for anything after that.

I'm also one of the few that really liked the motion picture. I get why people don't because it does drag on in some spots but I remember watching it as a kid in the early 80's and was just amazed by it.

I really liked the Motion Picture too, most people poo poo it, even some actual Star Trek fans, but the only thing Star Trek I actually hated until STD (which sounds more like a disease) was Nemesis and the final episode of Enterprise. The latter of which was caused by lez moonwez (won't even dignify him by looking up the spelling) prematurely cancelling it. The former was the result of giving some creative control to Peecard, and being edited by antifans who cut all the fan service scenes from the movie.

Become a Patron!
Back