Star Wars Fans React to Daisy Ridley’s Return as Rey in New Film Set 15 Years after Rise of Skywalker: “It’s Polarizing”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Lucasfilm has announced that it is developing three new Star Wars movies, and while one of them will see the return of Rey Skywalker, once again played by Daisy Ridley, not everyone seems to think it was a great idea. In a post with over 2,000 comments on the official Star Wars subreddit, fans of the franchise have voiced their concerns over the project, with some calling Rey's return a polarizing one based on how her character was written and portrayed in Disney's sequel trilogy, which, apparently, comprises "some of the worst movies ever made." Others remain cautiously optimistic, and while at least one poster has recommended that a restraining order be placed on J.J. Abrams, Lucasfilm has confirmed that the new movie is being directed by Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face). Ridley's latest credited project on IMDb is a feature titled Sometimes I Think About Dying.

See full article...

I don't care... I never hated any of the star wars movie. Only thing I ever had a real problem with were the gungan. Other than that... meh.

I immensely disliked the Rey trilogy movies, I like to pretend they never happened. I don't dislike the actress, just her character and the writing in all of those movies was so bad they make the prequels look decent.

Become a Patron!
Back