Sylvester Stallone Launching “PlanetSLY” NFT Collection

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Sylvester Stallone is the latest celebrity to get into the controversial but lucrative world of NFTs. As reported by Deadline, the actor is gearing up to launch an NFT collection called PlanetSLY, which will comprise nearly 10,000 generative "SLYGuys" digital art pieces inspired by his life and movies (think weird combinations of Cobra, Rambo, and Rocky).

Go to post

What am I missing? I mean I'm sure Stalone will make some money on this... but why? That's the part I don't understand. I mean are studio's just going to buy all of these so they don't have to worry about digital likeness issues in the future?

I could see buying these if they were cheap enough in speculation of being able to protect the assets digital likeness going forward. Meaning getting paid for it.

Probably one of his agents got the bright idea.

NFTs are nothing but a scam, they protect nothing, but the interests of scammers.

If NFTs were a car you own imagine getting a cut of the sale each time your former car is re-sold later. Or making your car so it self destructs if it is sold for less than you purchased it for. That is literally what NFTs are doing.

Become a Patron!
Back