T-FORCE Launches VULCANα DDR5 Gaming Memory for AMD AM5 Platform

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
T-FORCE launches VULCANα DDR5 gaming memory that has been exclusively designed for optimal performance with the next generation AMD AM5 platform. With frequencies ranging...

Go to post

I'm looking forward to the review that tests gaming at various ddr speeds on the new chipset/cpu's. I know the games I tend to play RPG/MMO are harder to bench then FPS shooters but it would be nice to see them get some love too as ram speed might be more relevant with BAR and games like ESO that have an install size over 90gb. How much of that is textures and other assets my GPU cant fit in it's meager 16 gb - I wonder?

Hmmm Black Desert is 50ish gb so is Elden Ring (I need to get back to that one) and New World is just over (and one of the best looking games I have seen).

I've never really needed to dig into the resources and files (other then say an .INI) for games since my Apple ][ sector editor days. Is there a quick/easy way to see how much of the install space is video/texture assets? And to get a little more back on topic, how does ram frequency (and other settings) affect how well textures load both with and without BAR.

Looking forward to what TeamGroup has in store for their DDR5 lineup - they're one of the more performance oriented DIMM manufacturers.

Become a Patron!
Back