Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection Launches Next Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Konami has announced that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection will be released on August 30 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Steam, and Nintendo Switch platforms.

Go to post

Oh man I played the hell out of these when I was young. Resisting the nostalgia purchase, because they never quite live up to the memory, but the temptation is strong.

I still play TMNT3: The Manhattan Project and TMNT4: Turtles in Time a few times a year every year. Those games absolutely still hold up, and I've never stopped playing them since they were new. TMNT2: The Arcade Game I still go back to from time to time. That was one of the first NES games I beat (did that in co-op with my mom). In the last decade I been spending more time with the original 1989 arcade version. As for the arcade version of Turtles in Time, I like the 4P co-op but to me the SNES version is better. I still have my SNES copy of Turtles in Time, but my copy of The Manhattan Project was stolen along with most of my NES games many years ago. I wanted to re-buy it but that sh1t is expensive (at least it was when I last checked a few years ago). I did re-buy TMNT2 though. I usually play most of these games via emulation, but I did borrow my friend's physical copy of The Manhattan Project for a couple yeas or so, a while back.

The first TMNT game on NES, now that was a strange one. F*ck that level where you are underwater trying to avoid the electric plants or whatever while disarming bombs in a time limit. Everyone wanted to play as Don cuz of his insane reach. Definitely made some bosses (like Rocksteady) a lot easier.

Tournament Fighters I own for both SNES and Genesis. The SNES one is a pretty dang good fighting game. The Genesis one not so much. Never played the NES version.

The Hyperstone Heist was a strange one too. Technically an inferior re-configuring of Turtles in Time, but it did have some improvements/interesting changes that I am blanking on right now. I've never really played it though.

I played Fall of the Foot Clan a lot. I remember missing like 3 months of second grade cuz I was sick, but most of my memory of being sick was playing that game, and other video games. I always appreciated video games for taking the edge off most of the sicknesses I had in my life. I never played Back From The Sewers or Radical Rescue, I might have tried them once via emulation long ago.

I just hope the emulation in this collection is decent, otherwise fans are better off just sticking with the usual emulation options we've had for many years now.

I'm very curious about this game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1361510/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_Shredders_Revenge/
Two of my friends played through it, and they loved it.

EDIT: I actually beat the SNES version of Turtles in Time on Hard (which is how you get the real ending) for the first time in my life without using cheats earlier this year (well, by myself at least, I've done it in co-op). I was not on the real hardware though, I was using an SNES emulator on my 3DS XL. I didn't even intend to complete that run, I was just testing out emulation on the system. Ended up going through the whole game. I beat Super Shredder on my last life with no Continues left. That game is pretty triflin' with the difficulty (fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Slash!), so I was surprised I managed to do it, and on a system with a tiny DPad no less.

Become a Patron!
Back