The Callisto Protocol Gets Its First Patch to Address In-Game Stuttering Issues

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The Callisto Protocol has received its first patch to address the stuttering issues plaguing the new space-horror game following its many release day complaints.

See full article...

Don't these games get QA'd before release?
I guess the strategy is get the money first, fix the problem after the fact.
The publisher needs a rename to Crap-ton.
All the honest reviews I've read say don't think about buying this game for PC until it's in the half price Steam summer sale......hopefully by that time it will be patched.

Don't these games get QA'd before release?
I used to work for a company that did freelance software/game QA for various companies. You'd be surprised by how many bugs are actually found and reported before launch, but still not fixed due to upper management wanting to dedicate time and staff to other areas in the lead-up to release. And then when it comes to console games, which have certification checklists they must also pass, often you'll see that for some games (especially the bigger-name ones) the console makers will waive certain failed issues on the checklists in order to allow those games to still launch. So those games failed certification, but Sony or Microsoft are like "naw it's cool, you guys are clear to proceed", and so the f*cking broken-@ss games launch anyways.

I guess the strategy is get the money first, fix the problem after the fact.
Yupz, they roll like that. Launch first, get those dolla-dolla billz, then maybe fix game. In the older days when Internet speeds were much slower, games had to be as complete as possible before shipping out on physical disks or cartridges, and there was no online patching system in place (at least for consoles). If a dev wanted to "patch" a console game they had to issue a new cartridge (and quite a number of them did, for example DKC2 has a v1.0 cartridge and then a v1.1 cartridge which includes bullsh1t changes to make an already hard game next to impossible so f*ck you Rareware, but yeah sure also bug fixes and stuff). Now devs can be lazy and put a game out in whatever f*cking state, and then just fix/finish the game later.

All the honest reviews I've read say don't think about buying this game for PC until it's in the half price Steam summer sale......hopefully by that time it will be patched.
At best, I've read the same. Such a shame because I was looking forward to it but I'll wait until then.

It sounds like a neat "Dead Space" kind of game, but I guess the battle mechanic is really bad and the game stutters like crazy.

Become a Patron!
Back