The Callisto Protocol Locks a Dozen Death Animations behind Season Pass

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Callisto Protocol players who want to see everything that the upcoming sci-fi horror game has to offer will need to grab the season pass, according to the Steam listing for the game, which has confirmed that twelve unique enemy death animations are only obtainable through the Season Pass, available with the purchase of The Callisto Protocol – Digital Deluxe Edition ($79.99).

See full article...

Are they just trying to piss off their customers or what?

Nothing pisses people off than making them feel nickel and dimed.

Needing to pay $20 extra just for the game to feel finished is profoundly stupid.

I'm kind of glad I wasn't going to play this anyway, because it is third person.

This gives me DeusEx Mankind Divided vibes. You can tank a game with this kind of stuff.

$80 for this. Not going to happen. It's been something I was looking forward to but will now be something that I'll wait until goes on sale.

This gives me DeusEx Mankind Divided vibes. You can tank a game with this kind of stuff.

What was the problem with Mankind Divided?

I vaguely recall them saying they would sell praxis kits as microtransactions, and while fundamentally stupid it didn't actually ruin the game if you just ignored the microtransactions were there.

This seems a.lot worse to me. Nickel and diming small pieces of the regular game down to individual animations...

We are looking more like this than ever:

then-vs-now-photo-u1.jpg

What was the problem with Mankind Divided?
They did a pre-order scheme with tiers where the more people pre-ordered the more exclusive content they unlocked. There was even promise of a pre-order exclusive mission.

The backlash was so bad that they actually cancelled this whole scheme and just put the proposed pre-order content in the deluxe or special edition of the game. Which is still bad, but not as bad.

They did a pre-order scheme with tiers where the more people pre-ordered the more exclusive content they unlocked. There was even promise of a pre-order exclusive mission.

The backlash was so bad that they actually cancelled this whole scheme and just put the proposed pre-order content in the deluxe or special edition of the game. Which is still bad, but not as bad.

Generally when I play single player games that include special weapons or some **** like that with a deluxe edition, I only get them if I buy the "game of the year edition" or something like that, way after the fact, and if I do, the first thing I do is drop those items at the start of the game, because it can be quite game ruining to have high elecel cool items early in a game when the basics are supposed to be difficult.

Death animations? Does not seem like it changes game play - not that much difference than silly hats or some other “customization” crap they push on those F2P games.

Sucks to see it in a full price title, for sure, but I don’t know that it ruins the game. Not that I was likely to buy this one anyway

I'm noticing they've got some media coverage going on now. I've seen TV ads as well as some popping up on websites. I don't mind the death animation things. I read an update that they haven't even started on them and were only doing them because of feedback from fans.

What I doubt is that this game is worth $50 for the base version or $80 for the season pass. Animations are not enough for me to drop that extra $30 and right now I've got doubts about the base price.

What I doubt is that this game is worth $50 for the base version or $80 for the season pass. Animations are not enough for me to drop that extra $30 and right now I've got doubts about the base price.

Someone who wants moar clicks will pay the extra bucks, then make a YouTube video showcasing all of the death animations, and everyone else will be, "meh ... glad I didn't pay $30 for that."

I find it strange that everybody talks about the 12 enemy death animations but noone seems to care about the 13 player death animations in the other pack.

Oh well I was not that interested, maybe in a year orso for 10€ for the super ultimate all incompassing goty edition.

I'm pretty sure I'll still get this game but it will be when it goes on sale. Not really a bad thing with many others that I'm planning on doing the same with.

At least that tweet is open and upfront that the season pass is effectively a $30 interest free loan on content to be delievered in the next year.

Become a Patron!
Back