The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Launches for Nintendo Switch on May 12, 2023

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Nintendo has announced that The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, the long-anticipated sequel to 2017's Breath of the Wild, will be released for Nintendo Switch on May 12, 2023.

Go to post

I'm always surprised when I see these Nintendo franchises are still going.

I mean, sure, the original Legend of Zelda, and Link on the 8 bit Nintendo are classics, but these franchises feel so campy today.

They probably should have stayed in the 8 bit era.

Side Note:

I didn't own them as a kid, but I borrowed them from my friends.

Now I have my very own set:

1663101771393.png

Unlike the sets I borrowed from friends in the 80's, these don't smell like my friends parents smoking habit :p

They aren't in mint collectable condition or anything. These are just for my own nostalgic enjoyment

Last edited:
but these franchises feel so campy today.
Breath of the Wild was pretty darn good. I think Zelda is one of the few franchises that has stayed relevant for this long without somehow getting stale or overly-repetitive. Not every title has been a smash hit, but it's been pretty solid throughout.

They probably should have stayed in the 8 bit era.
Actually Link to the Past on SNES was f*cking awesome, to me the absolute best game in the series, and Link's Awakening on GB/GBC after that was also fantastic. They completely smoke the 8-bit games, especially that weird Zelda II.

The Snes one is still the best
D4mn straight.

Unlike the sets I borrowed from friends in the 80's, these don't smell like my friends parents smoking habit :p
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT: @Zarathustra you reminded me that in the late 90s, all my NES games, controllers, and peripherals were stolen. Left me with the system, its cables, and AC adapter though. I spent the 2000s and 2010s getting back most of my library. I don't have everything I used to have, but I also have a lot of stuff I never had before. In the 2000s I replaced the old worn 72-pin cartridge connector in the NES. Then in recent years I got this as a present: https://www.arcadeworks.net/products/blw?_pos=1&_sid=37149421d&_ss=r (Some info:
)
My SNES has a dead CPU and my Super Famicom has a bad trace going to the VRAM chip, but my NES is still kickin', and still sees use.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back