The Outer Worlds Is Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC This Month

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Microsoft has announced that Obsidian Entertainment's spiritual successor to Fallout: New Vegas, The Outer Worlds, is coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC. No date was given, but subscribers should be able to play the sci-fi RPG on launch day (October 25).

Other additions to the service include F1 2018, Lonely Mountains Downhill, Minit, Saints Row IV: Re-Elected, State of Mind, and Stellaris. Boss battler action-RPG Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption will be removed.

The Outer Worlds is a new single-player first-person sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy, you awake decades later only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the Halcyon colony.

Wait is outer worlds even out? Ok you see I want to play this game. So this article surprised me I thought it was already out for a hot minute. Why couldn't you put that the game wasn't out yet in the article?!

Meanies.

Reactions: _k_
This actually showed up in my PC Game's Pass like two months ago. I got all excited because I was able to download it but of course wasn't able to play it. I didn't realize it wasn't already an announced title.

This actually showed up in my PC Game's Pass like two months ago. I got all excited because I was able to download it but of course wasn't able to play it. I didn't realize it wasn't already an announced title.

Yeah, I thought the same too. Didn't see any news regarding an early release, but figured maybe it was a tech test or the E3 demo - but, nah, just got a Windows notification stating it was too early for it.

But, yeah, pretty excited for it - and really surprised how much I've been using PC game pass. I haven't even been buying up Steam's 75% sales on certain titles because they're in the game pass library.

I have Stellaris, pretty good 4x game, but takes a loooong time, longer than GalCiv 3, and it is real-time, so if things start getting hot, you have to pause the game to plan things out. Am looking forward to Outer Worlds, timing is good for when I have 4-5 play-throughs on BL3 done.

Become a Patron!
Back