The Super Mario Bros. Movie Is Rotten

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The first reviews for The Super Mario Bros. Movie have landed ahead of its theatrical premiere on April 7, and critics appear to be split on whether Nintendo should start developing a sequel straight away or kick its iconic plumber back to the confines of its popular video game systems. Over on Rotten Tomatoes, The Super Mario Bros. Movie from Universal Pictures and Illumination Studios is listed with a 54% Tomatometer Score at the time of this posting, with 42 Fresh and 35 Rotten reviews, alluding to an animated film that leans more toward rotten than good. According to some of the top critics who hated it, Mario fans who are willing to give the 92-minute movie a shot should prepare themselves for "one long commercial" that's "disappointing," just like the 1993 live-action film. Chris Pratt, who returns as Star-Lord next month in Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, provided the voice for Mario.

See full article...

I struggle to remember last time I agreed with critics. Years back, at least I would retroactively agree ( as i don't really look at their crap beforehand, but might find out after some time). Now, its really something else, its approaching near 100% opposite, bad from critics means I like it, might probably love it.

I struggle to remember last time I agreed with critics. Years back, at least I would retroactively agree ( as i don't really look at their crap beforehand, but might find out after some time). Now, its really something else, its approaching near 100% opposite, bad from critics means I like it, might probably love it.
I only trust The Critical Drinker on YT. He's cynical but is usually dead on, plus he's a riot. Doesn't look like he has done this one yet, but he doesn't always get previews like normal reviewers.

I only trust The Critical Drinker on YT. He's cynical but is usually dead on, plus he's a riot. Doesn't look like he has done this one yet, but he doesn't always get previews like normal reviewers.

I watched his review of nope and was dead on with my opinion ( I had watched the movie already). Also the glass onion, he was more critical than I would have been but was fair.

Become a Patron!
Back