The Super Mario Bros. Movie Passes $1 Billion Worldwide

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Super Mario Bros. Movie is the first film of the year to earn over $1 billion at the global box office, numerous outlets are reporting. Variety notes that the new feature from Universal, Illumination, and Nintendo has grossed $490 million in North America and $532 million internationally following its debut on April 5, 2023, while a similar report from Deadline has pointed out how The Super Mario Bros. Movie is the 10th animated film in history to cross $1 billion worldwide. The Super Mario Bros. Movie has a 59% Tomatometer Score but 96% Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes at the time of this writing.

See full article...

Well f*ck. That means instead of being discouraged, all parties involved will wanna double down, as the crew behind those utterly horrible Sonic CG+live-action movies have been doing. I was hoping the way things would turn out for all these companies would stop them from doing this kind of nonsense again, but instead their success means we will probably see more bullsh1t in the future. Fantastic.

Well f*ck. That means instead of being discouraged, all parties involved will wanna double down, as the crew behind those utterly horrible Sonic CG+live-action movies have been doing. I was hoping the way things would turn out for all these companies would stop them from doing this kind of nonsense again, but instead their success means we will probably see more bullsh1t in the future. Fantastic.
My 28 year old son saw the movie and said it was a lot of fun. Encouraged me to go see it.

Become a Patron!
Back