The Witcher Remake Announced by CD PROJEKT RED, Rebuilt from the Ground Up in Unreal Engine 5

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
CD PROJEKT RED has announced that it is developing a remake to The Witcher, the company's very first game, originally released in 2007 and inspired (but taking after) the main events in Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski's fantasy novel series.

See full article...

Whoohoo! This game definitely deserves it. I played it(remastered version) for the 1st time back in 2019 and then proceeded to do a complete play-through of all three games (already having replayed the 2nd and 3rd more times than I can remember). It was neat seeing the game saves carry-over for minute changes in each succeeding game.

It was sort of nice, in a late 90s/early 2000s nostalgic kind of way, to play it but it would really be incredible to play it with a modern engine. Hopefully, they also update that soundtrack. I have the complete versions for all three games and the 1st is wildly experimental compared to the 2nd and 3rd. Not bad, but you could tell they were still trying to create an identity for the franchise. Coincidentally I just re-listened to the soundtracks for the first two games a couple of weeks ago.

I really hope they finish the remaster for the 3rd sometime soon as well. It also leaves me wondering if they plan to do anything for the 2nd since it could use some love as well and just call it good for a complete franchise collection.

Become a Patron!
Back