"The Witcher" Star Henry Cavill Admits That He's a Member of the PC Master Race

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
According to Superman and Geralt of Rivia himself, PC is the ideal platform to game on.

During a recent interview with NME, Henry Cavill was asked whether he preferred Xbox or PlayStation, but his answer was neither. Cavill answered "PC" and credited his father for the preference, who got him into computer gaming when he was "very, very young."

"The Witcher" star mentioned that he has had custom gaming PCs over the years, but he's interested in building his own system: “That’ll be the next project, as soon as I find enough time – and the bravery – I might put my own PC together.”

We’ve known for a while that Cavill is a PC gamer – he’s said in past interviews that Total War is one of his favourite game series, which means he’d have to be playing at least some games on PC.

He’s also dabbled with PC-based MMOs. In a story he shared with Conan O’Brien, Cavill reveals that he missed the phone call from director Zack Snyder informing him he’d gotten the role of Superman. The reason? He’d been neck deep in a World of Warcraft dungeon, and didn’t want to let his team down.

Thought it was well known that Cavill and Comixbooks from [H]forum are one and the same.

I haven't watched it yet on netflix. How is the Witcher?

I haven't watched it yet on netflix. How is the Witcher?

I enjoyed it. For someone who doesn't know much about the source material, it jumps around a bit at first and its hard to figure out when and where certain things take place. But eventually, you get the hang of it. That's my only real complaint.

I still have yet to play Witcher 3... it's in my infinite backlog. But I look forward to watching this.

And good for him. Next thing you know him and Terry Crews will be running raids together (if they aren't already)

I enjoyed it. For someone who doesn't know much about the source material, it jumps around a bit at first and its hard to figure out when and where certain things take place. But eventually, you get the hang of it. That's my only real complaint.
Im liking it a lot too, and that threw me off too (I didn't know anything about the Witcher ) But it got style, substance, and decent acting.
It has a bit of blockiness here and there, but thats very normal with fresh shows, these things polish out a lot with more seasons .
As always critics are wrong.

As always critics are wrong.

Film critics are so out of touch with today's audiences they serve no purpose what so ever. Critics have almost always looked at films through a different lens than the public. So, some disparity is expected. However, back in the day there were some good critics who's opinions carried some weight with audiences. I found I disagreed with Siskel and Ebert about 50% of the time back in the day, but at least I could understand where they were coming from and why. Leonard Maltin was another good one. I probably agreed with him closer to 60-70% of the time. These days, critics hating something means I will generally go see it. Star Wars Episode IX being the exception to that rule.

Part of the disparity stems from the fact that they see nearly every movie that comes out rather than choosing to see what they want to see. When something isn't to their taste, they look at it from a very different perspective than you or I would look at something we wanted to see. They also tend to over analyze things about the film that we might ignore. For us, acting, editing, sound design and many other technical aspects of a film are largely things that we only notice when they are egregiously bad.

I think you should go see it, you might enjoy it!

Again, what I knew of the plot from the various leaks are just too retarded to support. I've seen plenty of reviews of the film after the fact, and while I generally prefer to form my own opinions on everything, I'm passing on this one. I do not want to let Disney think this trilogy has been OK. I was burned by 50% of the last four movies. I liked Rogue One, thought Solo was OK, and hated Episodes 7 and 8.

I wouldn't give my money to any other product with a batting average that low. I'm not doing it here.

Film critics are so out of touch with today's audiences they serve no purpose what so ever. Critics have almost always looked at films through a different lens than the public. So, some disparity is expected. However, back in the day there were some good critics who's opinions carried some weight with audiences. I found I disagreed with Siskel and Ebert about 50% of the time back in the day, but at least I could understand where they were coming from and why. Leonard Maltin was another good one. I probably agreed with him closer to 60-70% of the time. These days, critics hating something means I will generally go see it. Star Wars Episode IX being the exception to that rule.

Part of the disparity stems from the fact that they see nearly every movie that comes out rather than choosing to see what they want to see. When something isn't to their taste, they look at it from a very different perspective than you or I would look at something we wanted to see. They also tend to over analyze things about the film that we might ignore. For us, acting, editing, sound design and many other technical aspects of a film are largely things that we only notice when they are egregiously bad.
So I watched this for fun:

He mentioned there a "professional" review so egregious, both authors admit to not even have watched the 5 episodes they where given early access to.
My God... Are these people paid for real?
Here is the actual review:
https://ew.com/tv-reviews/2019/12/20/netflix-the-witcher-review/

Wouldn't anyone in any industry lose their job over such egregious carelessness in doing your work?
Im impressed.
Well, I guess critics have such a bad rep, they authors of that 'review' are like who cares?! Not them that's for sure.
Anyway just sharing, I am having fun with the whole thing. I finished the show and loved it.

About four episodes into The Witcher now - and am really enjoying it. I'm losing more and more faith from critics as it seems like their own politics are dictating their reviews. I'm still holding out hope for an official @Dan_D write up of the Rise of Skywalker, mind you.

There's some confusing aspects to the story (though once I figured out, everything is making more sense), but it's been well done otherwise. The acting too, has been great. Not a huge Cavill fan (my only real experience w him was as Superman) but he's been nailing Geralt, and even the casting choices I was unsure of (Yennifer, Triss - for example) have been decent.

The first episode I was on the fence. By the time it got to the wizard tower and all the eye candy in there, I was sold.

Show is so-so... reminds me of Kevin Sorbo as Hercules the Legend Continues. Not a bad thing really, but no a GoT competitor either

The first episode I was on the fence. By the time it got to the wizard tower and all the eye candy in there, I was sold.

Show is so-so... reminds me of Kevin Sorbo as Hercules the Legend Continues. Not a bad thing really, but no a GoT competitor either

Yar, definitely some decent eye candy on that show.

As for the Hercules comparisons - I dunno about that, but I'd totally be on board for a mature themed reboot of Hercules and Xena.

About four episodes into The Witcher now - and am really enjoying it. I'm losing more and more faith from critics as it seems like their own politics are dictating their reviews. I'm still holding out hope for an official @Dan_D write up of the Rise of Skywalker, mind you.

I haven't seen it. To be honest, I don't really want to. I certainly don't want to buy a ticket and let Disney think that these movies are OK. I got suckered into watching the previous two films and I wish I hadn't.

I've heard for the last couple of years they're already working on a reboot for her. New cast. I don't beleive Raimy is involved either but could be wrong.

I'd hate to see that right now. It would be a woke **** fest where Xena would tear every man down to prop herself up.

I'd hate to see that right now. It would be a woke **** fest where Xena would tear every man down to prop herself up.
Totally agree. That's somewhat the gist of what I was reading a couple years back. Maybe, if we're lucky, it totally fell apart.

Become a Patron!
Back