The World’s First Digital Circuit Breaker Is Here

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Atom Power has defied the impossible by building the world’s first and only digital, solid-state circuit breaker, which is 3000 times faster than mechanical varieties and features no moving parts. It has already been certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) for commercial use.

Greatly improving upon Edison’s century-old design, Atom Power’s implementation brings numerous advantages such as unlimited power switching and intelligent power: the digital circuit breaker allows for dynamic switching from one source to another based on power needs and makes specific, inflexible amps a thing of the past. Power can also be managed remotely via mobile devices or networked and used like data over the Internet.

“Instead of using mechanics to switch the power, we apply digital inputs," Kennedy told Popular Mechanics. “Now I have no moving parts. Now I have the ability to connect things like iPhones and iPads for remote power management, which increases safety and improves efficiency. I can set the distribution panel to a schedule so the flow of power is seamless, unlimited, and shifts between sources automatically. You literally wouldn’t notice. The lights wouldn’t even flicker.”

Sorry...that is a bunch of crap. Industry, especially aerospace, has been using "solid-state circuit breakers" for over 2 decades now.

Become a Patron!
Back