Three New Star Wars Movies Announced at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Three new Star Wars movies have been announced by Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy at the Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023. The news comes as a bit of a surprise after it was recently revealed that the Patty Jenkins Rogue Squadron project, along with an untitled film from Marvel's Kevin Feige, had both been shelved. It appears that Kathleen Kennedy is flexing her presidential muscle and greenlit other projects instead.

It is said that veteran Star Wars showrunner Dave Filoni will be helming a film focused on the New Republic which will tie together the interconnected stories covered in The Mandalorian, Book of Boba Fett, and the forthcoming Ahsoka series. There is presently less known about the project that James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Ford v Ferrari) is taking on other than that it will take place at the beginning, or dawn, of the Jedi. Lastly, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face) will bring back Daisy Ridley as Rey in a follow-up to Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker.

See full article...

Does anyone even care anymore?

The first three were awesome

The prequels got away from the style that worked, and had pretty bad writing.

The sequels returned to the style of the original three, but the writing was miserable.

I just don't know if I can bring myself to care about another three, after 6 abortions in a row.

Ok while none of them were my FAVORITE I think calling them an abortion is a pretty excessive amount of hyperbole. Although... it's your choice and I'm pro choice. ;)

YEa... this post was for that joke...

Oh lord, here we go. We all knew there were going to be more, there is just too much money to be made even if the movies suck. The Rey trilogy sucked hard, but it still made a ton of cha ching. This is Disney we're talking about, they are in the money making business.

Become a Patron!
Back