Tron: Ares to Star Jared Leto, Directed by Maleficent 2’s Joachim Rønning

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It's been a while since 2010's Tron: Legacy, but fans are finally getting a new film in the franchise spawned by Steven Lisberger's 1982 sci-fi classic. According to an exclusive report from Deadline, Disney has begun early negotiations to set Joachim Rønning (Maleficent 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales) to direct a third installment of Tron, which is reportedly titled Tron: Ares. Jared Leto, who recently played vampire Morbius for Sony Pictures, will star in the feature, although there doesn't seem to be much word yet on whether Jeff Bridges will return as computer programmer and video game developer Kevin Flynn.

See full article...

Tron 3 has been cancelled and resurrected so many times I can't keep track.

The original was a childhood favorite, I mean I owned that sucker on Laserdisc.

I enjoyed Legacy, I thought Kosinski did a good job with it. It had some slow parts but for most part was cool.... except for the bobble head Clu bad cgi that pops up every now and then.

Yeah, I'm mixed on this to say the least. I did enjoy, for the most part, the sequel and was looking forward to a 3rd but with that crew. I can't say I feel so enthusiastic about this one.

Man, couldn't tell you how many quarters were lost to the arcade game back in the day. One of the coolest arcade boxes ever. Never had an LD player (wanted one but couldn't afford it) but did have a copy of this on VHS back in the day.

Become a Patron!
Back