Turtle Beach Announces VelocityOne Flightstick for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows PCs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Turtle Beach has announced the VelocityOne, a new flightstick that combines the company's expertise in controller design with the latest technologies.

See full article...

Yea it's official Turtle Beach is now a trash brand.

Yea it's official Turtle Beach is now a trash brand.
Not that I am disagreeing with you, but how are they trash now just because they made a flight stick? Is this one really crappy (I don't know flight sticks)?

I don't know this modern Turtle Beach, definitely not the same company to me as the one that made nice sound cards way back in the day. I did find them again in the 2000s and bought a headset from them. It was okay, but it doesn't work without USB power to the in-line amp (it's uses 3.5mm jacks for mic and sound, and then the 3rd cable is the USB cable for power). After that I forgot about Turtle Beach again, until another recent product announcement (forgot what it was) where a bunch of us on this forum were like "huh? What? Turtle Beach still exists?! And they make controllers now? The f*ck?"

Not that I am disagreeing with you, but how are they trash now just because they made a flight stick? Is this one really crappy (I don't know flight sticks)?

I don't know this modern Turtle Beach, definitely not the same company to me as the one that made nice sound cards way back in the day. I did find them again in the 2000s and bought a headset from them. It was okay, but it doesn't work without USB power to the in-line amp (it's uses 3.5mm jacks for mic and sound, and then the 3rd cable is the USB cable for power). After that I forgot about Turtle Beach again, until another recent product announcement (forgot what it was) where a bunch of us on this forum were like "huh? What? Turtle Beach still exists?! And they make controllers now? The f*ck?"
It's the cynic in me. When I see an old brand slapped on a wide variety of product well outside of their wheelhouse its evident to me that the product is being milked to product without regard to quality or even the brand identity.

I could be wrong and they are setting up tje next corsair... but I doubt it.

I've noticed that Turtle Beach's name has been appearing in the news a lot lately. Turtle Beach bought Roccat in 2019. I think the latter is more commonly known for its association with PC gaming accessories, notably its keyboards and mice.

Become a Patron!
Back