Twitter is Relaunching Its Twitter Blue Subscription Service at $8/Month for Web Users and $11/Month for iOS Users

INAL, but if the costs to do business on both app stores are the same, isn’t he discriminating against consumers?

INAL, but if the costs to do business on both app stores are the same, isn’t he discriminating against consumers?
It's to offset the 30% take that Apple/Google charge for their in-app purchases

For anyone willing to pay it - more power to them.

It's to offset the 30% take that Apple/Google charge for their in-app purchases

For anyone willing to pay it - more power to them.
They aren’t charging $11 for Android users though, afaik.

They aren’t charging $11 for Android users though, afaik.
Because it's only available directly through the website, or IAP on iOS right now. I don't think they have the IAP enabled on Android at this time.

Where do I sign up for Twitter Blue?​

To subscribe on web, go to twitter.com and select More > Twitter Blue > Subscribe. If you haven’t already, you’ll be prompted to verify your phone number. Confirm subscription payment.

To subscribe on iOS, go to the profile menu > Twitter Blue > Subscribe. If you haven’t already, you’ll be prompted to verify your phone number. Follow the in-app purchase instructions to complete your subscription.

The Twitter app is on the Google Play Store. Are you saying the app is there but someone using it can’t subscribe to Blue? Seems strange and a dumb business decision if that’s the case, but then I didn’t overpay for Twitter by 30 Billion so what do I know.

Edit: It mentions in the help link to contact Apple or Android for all app related purchases, so I guess the $11 also applies to Android but doesn’t mention it?

Last edited:
What's stopping people from signing up on web, then logging in from ios? Or will you need a separate subscription for each device you log in from? That would be extremely dumb, even for Elon.

I think that's what Elon wants. People to bypass iOS or Google Play for the subscription.

Here's what the free Unicode community edition looks like:
☑️

Become a Patron!
Back