Ubisoft Is Bringing More than 100 Titles to Uplay+

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ubisoft has published a list of every game that will be available on Uplay+ when the service launches on September 3. For $14.99 a month, subscribers can get unlimited access to a substantial portion of the publisher's catalog, which includes modern franchise hits such as Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Far Cry 5, and Tom Clancy's The Division 2.

Ubisoft is offering a free trial of Uplay+ from September 3 to September 30 for players who are willing to sign up right now. The company points out that most of the Uplay+ catalog consists of premium editions, which means all expansions and other types of DLC are included.

"The value of Uplay+ is that you not only get access to our catalog of more than 100 games and DLC, but you also will be able to enjoy our upcoming releases," says Brenda Panagrossi, VP of platform and product management. "Uplay+ subscribers will be able to play Ghost Recon Breakpoint and Watch Dogs Legion premium editions.* Couple that with upcoming games like Gods & Monsters and Rainbow Six Quarantine, Uplay+ is packed with new releases in the first 12 months for only $14.99/month."

I guess that's one way to keep having people "buy" new games.

$14.99/month= ~$180 per year. Too rich for my blood even with that much content. I may not like EA but I've got Origin Access doesn't hurt my wallet that much. Had it 2 years now and still pretty happy.

I'm very frustrated at Uplay.

I have bought many of the Far Cry titles on Steam only to find that they won't launch without signing up for Uplay.

I don't need or want another client with another account collecting data on me.

My solution? Buy the game on Steam, but never install it. Then pirate it, as the pirated versions don't have the Uplay requirement. Some might disagree, but this at least gives me ethical comfort.

There is absolutely no reason a single player campaign game should ever require an online account of any kind.

I guess there is always a risk of malware when pirating, but to date nothing has shown up in virus/malware scans, and I only use Windows for games anyway, so there isn't much they could steal.

I'm very frustrated at Uplay.

I have bought many of the Far Cry titles on Steam only to find that they won't launch without signing up for Uplay.

I don't need or want another client with another account collecting data on me.

My solution? Buy the game on Steam, but never install it. Then pirate it, as the pirated versions don't have the Uplay requirement. Some might disagree, but this at least gives me ethical comfort.

There is absolutely no reason a single player campaign game should ever require an online account of any kind.

I guess there is always a risk of malware when pirating, but to date nothing has shown up in virus/malware scans, and I only use Windows for games anyway, so there isn't much they could steal.
If it wasn't for the same issues for Assassin's creed, and recently Monopoly(I know it's strange but I enjoy something simple every now and then) I wouldn't have one either.

Hadn't thought about a duality approach. Might follow the same path. I agree though about there shouldn't need to be a account for a single player campaign which are the only ones I play. The only other downside to those salty seas is not getting updated patches which are sometimes useful.

Become a Patron!
Back