UPDATED AMD Next-Gen Navi ‘Radeon RX’ GPU Specifications Leaked

nEo717

n00b
Alleged AMD Next-Gen Flagship Navi ‘Radeon RX’ GPU Specifications Leaked – 5120 Cores, 24 GB HBM2e Memory, 2 TB/s Bandwidth - leaked out by Twitter user CyberPunkCat who claims have sources over at SK Hynix who provided him with an info sheet listing down the specifications:

If true (can only hope and wish), it could be a good year to upgrade gaming GPU's... Have to wonder then too about Intel and their dGPU if they can indeed really launch cards in the same class.
------- UPDATE -------
Official Statement: Recent Media Reports regarding SK hynix’s HBM2E and AMD’s Next-Gen GPU are Misleading

Seoul, February 26, 2020
Recently, there have been media reports about SK hynix’s memory HBM2E and AMD’s next-generation GPU, based on the allegations by a Twitter user CyberPunkCat, which are factually incorrect.

SK hynix hereby announces that the company has not created or distributed such specifications as well as the document asserted to be leaked by an internal source.

After a thorough investigation, we conclude that the screen capture of the allegedly internal document is fabricated.

First of all, the specifications of our HBM2E shown in the document are incorrect.

Secondly, for those of you who are not familiar with Korean, the text in the document says “With Local Communities… 2020 Happiness,” which is not related to HBM2E development or GPU. Moreover, we found out that this text actually appeared on the main page of our Korean Newsroom as a title for one of our content.

Distribution of incorrect or misleading information about us or using the materials on our Newsroom without a prior written consent of SK hynix would be in violation of applicable laws/regulations and/or the Terms of Use of SK hynix’s Newsroom.

We sincerely hope this statement clarifies any confusion or misunderstanding that may have occurred.

With all due respect, we ask you not to distribute or make any further report based on this incorrect information. SK hynix reserves its right at law to protect the interests of the company and its customers.

------- End of Update -------

Last edited:
24G of HBM2 is .... $$$

Makes me think this is bunk. Maybe a workstation or compute card...

24G of HBM2 is .... $$$

Makes me think this is bunk. Maybe a workstation or compute card...

Radeon 7 had 16G HBM at $699 - if new AMD card (is what saying it is) 2080 Ti and Titan RTX killer, it will sell for a lot more than $699 giving some room for 4G more ram.

My guess is, there are samples that perhaps match these specs floating around yes, however all GGR6 samples - which (or both) AMD release is not known yet - just a guess...

You know what with Red talking 24 gig and Green talking 20 gig cards suddenly I'm beginning to think maybe that is coming to consumer grade hardware. Interesting times ahead gentlemen.

DAMNIT I just saw that was WCCF tech. They will literally publish any rumor that's slightly good sounding. ****... I was interested before I noticed that.

You know what with Red talking 24 gig and Green talking 20 gig cards suddenly I'm beginning to think maybe that is coming to consumer grade hardware. Interesting times ahead gentlemen.

DAMNIT I just saw that was WCCF tech. They will literally publish any rumor that's slightly good sounding. ****... I was interested before I noticed that.

Many sites posted it actually - The leak was from CyberPunkCat based upon sources at SK Hynix (SK provided info and spec sheet)....

Many sites posted it actually - The leak was from CyberPunkCat based upon sources at SK Hynix (SK provided info and spec sheet)....

I will hope with a small sliver of light in my heart for this... but I sure as **** won't be counting on it.

Update - SK Hynix has officially confirmed with us that the document is fabricated and holds no legitimacy whatsoever. The original document had no information about the said AMD GPU and has nothing to do with HBM2e specifications which are also stated to be incorrect and not as per their own development.
From the article/link

I feel polluted, contaminated now by going to WTF Tech 🤪

Details are revealed about AMD's RDNA 2 plans

Navi 2X, RDNA 2 chips will feature "extreme performance with efficient power" along with hardware-based ray tracing and variable rate shading.

AMD's Rick Bergman, VP of computing and graphics also suggested it'll be a staggered launch with some of the cards likely to arrive by the end of 2020 with a mixture of mid-range and entry-level options including a supposedly 'uncompromising 4K' GPU. The plan is to "take that 2X stack across, over time, the entire top-to-bottom lineup for graphics."

https://bit-tech.net/news/tech/graphics/details-are-revealed-about-amds-rdna-2-plans/1/

So we're going to release great cards but we can't say when what card will come out or even in what order?

I hate answers like that.

Wonder if AMD will rain at all on nVidia Launch Day this Tuesday... If your Sony, or even for that matter Microsoft, do you really want AMD (the supplier of your consoles graphic power) to be pushing back on nVidia in the PC Sector -- Maybe AMD when it comes to Graphics is happy (enough) being in the middle of the pack?

If your Sony, or even for that matter Microsoft, do you really want AMD (the supplier of your consoles graphic power) to be pushing back on nVidia in the PC Sector -- Maybe AMD when it comes to Graphics is happy (enough) being in the middle of the pack?

That is an interesting question.

I would think:

Sony wants a healthy PC ecosystem. Microsoft definitely wants a healthy ecosystem. Consoles and PCs aren't mutually exclusive. A lot of cross-title sales are from people who own both, and want the title on both platforms.

Having a healthy AMD on the graphics side only serves to help keep the PC ecosystem healthy, since it helps with competitiion and keeping gaming PCs affordable, and keeps innovation alive in pushing performance boundaries. We wouldn't be talking about raytracing at all if it weren't for nV pushing that forward, just for instance... and we probably won't have it at all in "affordable" price tiers until AMD brings it to the mid-lower end.

Anything AMD does on the PC end for graphics, can easily be brought to the console realm. Keep in mind AMD's console APUs are just customized editions of what they have been offering for the PC market for years. A few tweaks, to be sure, but it doesn't fall too far from the tree. So the further AMD is able to push on the PC side, the more they are able to bring to consoles in future editions.

That being said--- I do think AMD is smart in not chasing halo cards at the moment. So to your last question, yeah, I think AMD is happy to be competitive in the middle and low ends of the pack. That is where the volume sales are, and AMD has a presence. I think AMD spent a few of the recent generations chasing halo cards (VII, FuryX, etc), and unless your able to command by a good margin of metrics, cranking up the TDP just is a poor strategy to try to get competitive. AMD bet pretty big on compute, with HBM and architectures like Fiji/Vega - AMD did outperform nVidia pretty handily in GPU compute, but didn't directly translate to gaming graphics performance. So I think they did well with Polaris and Navi 1, keeping it in the sweet spot for that architecture, and not trying to push a high end consumer card just for the sake of having one, if it's not going to really be competitive where it counts.

I will be surprised if Navi 2 changes this, despite all the rumors. I don't think AMD will reclaim any speed crowns. I would be happy with something competitive against current x80 Turing cards (or rather, their mid-tier Ampere counterparts), at competitive prices. I thought the 5700 / XT was a smart release for AMD, it hit popular price points and really pushed back on nVidia in high volume tiers (and nVidia was kind enough to raise the bar far enough to give AMD room to keep some margin while still undercutting).

Honestly, a bit more on top of a 5700XT and I'm probably in on the next generation. $500 is about my cap, and whoever has the most performance in the $400-$500 range in this generation is probably getting my money. I've got one PC running a RX470 that will be a 5700 if it rolls snake eyes before the GPU releases are readily available.

Honestly, a bit more on top of a 5700XT and I'm probably in on the next generation. $500 is about my cap, and whoever has the most performance in the $400-$500 range in this generation is probably getting my money. I've got one PC running a RX470 that will be a 5700 if it rolls snake eyes before the GPU releases are readily available.
Well.. nVidia just shot a BIG shot across AMD's bow with their 3070 priced at $499. If Navi2 can't touch 2080Ti performance, at the same $499 price point, then they are in for a lot of pain.

Become a Patron!
Back