Verizon Customers Are Getting an Entire Year of Disney+ for Free

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
If you're a Disney fan who happens to have a Verizon wireless unlimited, Fios Home Internet, or 5G Home Internet subscription, it's time to celebrate: the telecommunications giant has announced it is offering all new and existing customers an entire year of Disney+ for free. The promotion should give a huge boost to the streaming service's initial numbers.

Set to launch on November 12, Disney+ will be the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. The agreement will allow Verizon Wireless customers to stream Disney+ on the largest, most reliable network1 and provide yet another reason for customers to choose Verizon for the best content choices available.

Meh. Pass

I hate how everyone has to have their own streaming service these days.

I just want one service with a single unified interface that has everything I want to watch.

I'm fine with there being different package levels of what is included in that service, but I will not sign up for more than one streaming service.

(And honestly, I prefer to not use streaming at all, because their encodes are usually not high enough bitrate)

instead of cable channel packages .. we will have streaming packages if we don't already .. Yay for Plex! ⏯

instead of cable channel packages .. we will have streaming packages if we don't already .. Yay for Plex! ⏯
This is why I was never all that excited for streaming services. At first they sounded great when it was $10-20/month for a limited but good selection. Now it's mostly $50+ for a bunch of junk you don't want, plus add-ons and you end up barely saving anything over regular cable/satellite. The only upside is that there are still a few smaller niche ones and you could always just get a service for 1 month, watch all the shows you want and then cancel.

Become a Patron!
Back