Video Shows Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Running a Constant 90 FPS in 4K With Epic Settings and Ray Tracing Enabled using an RTX 4090

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
A new video shows Star Wars Jedi: Survivor running in 4K with an impressive 90 FPS but it did take some serious hardware to pull it off. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor launches today but early reviews indicated that the sequel was not in the best of shape, to say the least, and it, unfortunately, was suffering from a number of issues that far too often plague PC games at release. However, John Papadopoulos (DSOG) has posted a video showing that players don't even need the latest driver to get the game to perform well and has included some tips for doing it. Just be prepared, he hit this nail with a pretty big hammer.

From DSOG:

"Now before continuing, we should detail the PC system we used for our initial tests. So, for the following benchmark, we used an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32GB of DDR5 at 6000Mhz, and NVIDIA’s RTX 4090. We also used Windows 10 64-bit, and the GeForce 531.61 driver. Yes, you read that right. Although we haven’t upgraded yet to the latest NVIDIA driver, the game runs fine."

Now while John used AMD's flagship Ryzen 9 7950X3D he actually disabled SMT on it since the game, like many others currently out, does not seem to be optimized for all the extra threads. Players also need to be aware that when toggling ray tracing on or off they should close the game and relaunch it. If not done players might not see much of a difference whereas doing so can increase FPS by up to 25 FPS.

See full article...

I guess those "launch day optimizations" made all the difference.

That and these Youtubers running a pre release game and bashing it which gives false readings to the end consumer. Games shouldn't be reviewed until the full release IMO.
I disagree. Games should be more polished and far closer to release before giving to influencers. BUT games SHOULD be reviewed with published reviews BEFORE release. If the game isn't polished enough for reviewers or influencers then you're using them for your hardware testing and you deserve the bad press you may get.

Players also need to be aware that when toggling ray tracing on or off they should close the game and relaunch it. If not done players might not see much of a difference whereas doing so can increase FPS by up to 25 FPS.
I definitely did not do that, will have to check again...

Clearly, the true answer to ANY today's titles TRUE performance is... do nothing... until that title's very 1st release weekend has passed.

~Monday's always reveal all!

That's an interesting one. I've played it on both of my main systems (office desktop and living room), and I could load it on three more if I wanted to push the limit; and I'd be pretty annoyed if this popped up. I haven't seen that before while testing, and there are definitely EA games that I've played on over five systems.

I'm wondering if this isn't just a release week / month limitation. I'd call it annoying, but if it's lifted soon-ish, I'd find it far less annoying than say just having Denuvo's bloatware installed in the first place.

Besides the jumping puzzles being a bit extreme (aka Doom Eternal) I have been enjoying this game. Still running great on my system while averaging around 90FPS in 4K with everything maxed out and RT on. I get that not everyone is having the same experience, but this game really does have an issue with different hardware configurations it seems.

Last edited:
pre-order games?
I'll pre-order from people that I've had good experiences with. It's rare but some good examples for me have been various RE games, Metro Exodus, Witcher III, and the last Tomb Raider trilogy. Not saying that there were no issues on launch day but I was able to play them. The worst experience was of course CB2077. However, generally speaking, I try to avoid EA but I am interested in this game, but it's way on the bottom of my list.

Tech Deals put out a video testing the game with a rtx 3050 because of the EA drm wouldn't let him run the game on a third system. Normally with denuvo games you see a 5 installs/day limit warning on Steam store listings. So, either it is EA's app is more strict or they just forgot to set it at 5/day. All to limit account sharing most likely.

Tech Deals put out a video testing the game with a rtx 3050 because of the EA drm wouldn't let him run the game on a third system. Normally with denuvo games you see a 5 installs/day limit warning on Steam store listings. So, either it is EA's app is more strict or they just forgot to set it at 5/day. All to limit account sharing most likely.
I've run it on three systems now, but not on the same day...

Become a Patron!
Back